Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mail's Jonathan Spencer ran his story with this banner headline -

"We have a lot of MONEY', says Pep Guardiola as boss refreshingly admits their £2BILLION spending is the main driver behind 19-game winning streak".

The simpleton has totally misunderstand that Pep was being sarcastic and throwing back at the press their accusations of "Buying the CL". What a naive dullard.
The comments on the piece are good tho' there's the usual "petrodollar" trolling, but some balanced posts as well. I get the feeling that, outside of the expected neanderthals, normal followers of the game understand that all money does is buy you the opportunity to be great. Being great takes a hell of a lot more.

The Mail's Jonathan Spencer ran his story with this banner headline -

"We have a lot of MONEY', says Pep Guardiola as boss refreshingly admits their £2BILLION spending is the main driver behind 19-game winning streak".

The simpleton has totally misunderstand that Pep was being sarcastic and throwing back at the press their accusations of "Buying the CL". What a naive dullard.
Where does he get £2bn from? Total bollocks. Pep is making fools out of them.

Fans' coaches even a few years back got bricked a lot on both sides of Stanley Park and their windows weren't reinforced like the team bus. It was pretty horrible at Stoke when we got relegated because we were in the gaps between buses and couldn't see them coming but we all act differently.
I think we should have driven straight past Anfield and played the mard arse to our advantage by demanding the match be played behind closed doors or on a neutral ground.
On the face of it the attack worked.

Is the truth, sadly...

Probably but should they persue it next Press he can refer them to our financial results which he has obviously not understood.

Equally sad is the fact that if the Liverpool coach had suffered exactly the same treatment the sanction would have been different.
Don't you know it.

I'd love to find out the truth of what went on in Klanfield.

Wouldn't surprise me if Pep did say shove it and the local dibble have him some BS about public safety and inciting violence between city fans and scousers had he refused to play.

As you say had it been the Scouse coach on the way to ours we'd be in the middle of a 5 year European ban and 20 points clear in the EFL after being demoted to league 2 for good measure. Pep would have won all the league's by February and their checkatrade trophy to prove a point.

Nedum absolutely killing it on SSN this morning. Articulate, insightful and funny. And even though he's a relative novice as a pundit himself, he’s clearly and generously helping his former teammate and co-guest Tom Carroll, who is on for the first time and obviously nervous

Unfortunately Nedum is too articulate to get a regular gig, though probably doesn't particularly crave one.
I hope he gets employment at City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.