West Ham (H) Post Match Thread

Tired performance played with lead in our boots at times but truly great teams find a way , we are more clinical and taking more chances in tight games , Moyes always organises his teams against us Everton used to be a pain in the arse when he was their manager and now West Ham are
To achieve twenty wins on the bounce playing every three days is outstanding , Klippety's mentality monsters are now consigned to history , this City team is streets ahead because they turn up in every game in every competition Pep doesnt pick and choose , he wants to win the lot.
We have a core of around eighteen players who will play at the same level , no drop in quality even if we make 5 to 6 changes , its looking rather good.

Huge, huge win. Puts massive pressure on the rags who now have to beat Chelsea AND us this week or they are done. Puts pressure on Leicester to beat a decent arsenal side who also must see it as a must win for their own campaign.

But let’s be honest here, we’re lucky to get the win there.

Take it as a positive.Aguero and Kev showed how desperately they need minutes in their legs and they got them at a massive risk that thankfully came off. I’d say that’s the worst I’ve ever seen both play, but that’s totally understandable. The gamble was to start them together and you could add Torres to that who looks like he needs to get more game time to find his rhythm too.

But it’s done, thanks in huge part to the graft of the others and we may well be thankful for taking the risk today in the weeks ahead.

Oh and Zinchenko is the dogs bollocks. Respect the man.

i don’t understand, where’s the greatest manager of all time, Sir Alex Rednose, in that list?
Another urban myth that the media were more than happy to collude in.

Ferguson was on the brink of getting sacked at the swamp. A fortuitous FA cup win and the board had a rethink.

The rest as they say is history.

Well done guys. That's some team you have there, and you were deserving winners. A truly class outfit, from top to bottom...pep especially. Many thanks for accepting me onto your forum, I appreciate it.

As for my lot...well, we did everything I expected and more. I said before the game started that Manchester City away is the hardest game a football team can face, (along with 'take a good look at that ball from kick off lads...you won't be seeing much more of it today') but we acquitted ourselves well, stuck to our task and gave a decent performance.

I'm confident that we can finish in the top half now, maybe even push for seventh, but I refuse to get carried away with talk of top four just yet (at least until it's mathematically impossible for us to finish outside of it!!!). Pragmatic? Perhaps...but more likely scarred by previous failures! As the song goes...fortunes always hiding!

Congrats again, and I look forward to next season's encounters.

Stay safe folks, and COYI!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.