Match of the Day - 2020/21

Swept under the carpet as per the norm.
It’s even mentioned now on Twitter how MOTD for some reason won’t show them. Like when we played and they didn’t show the Thiago yellow card. Until media shows up the pathetic antics of certain players and officials grow a backbone and start carding players for blatant dives then it will continue.
if Oliver had reffed that game yesterday he would have given them a penalty for a dive again with Var not overturning due to the not a clear and obvious rule.

I watched the highlights this morning at least in part to see the dives, imagine my surprise...

There should be no question this is biased editing to hide their cheating. If there was any suggestion a possible penalty had been missed, then that ‘action’ would be a highlight. The fact it is not acknowledges it was cheating, and rather than create a discussion point around it, they leave it on the edit room floor.

There should be no question this is biased editing to hide their cheating. If there was any suggestion a possible penalty had been missed, then that ‘action’ would be a highlight. The fact it is not acknowledges it was cheating, and rather than create a discussion point around it, they leave it on the edit room floor.
Since I didn't see it live and I've not even seen clips of them do I rightly surmise that neither got booked? This is more a rhetorical question because I can guess the answer.

Not saying he's not a good player but had to laugh at Shearer and Murphy on MOTD2 bigging up Curtis Jones. The highlight reel they pieced together says it all.

The ball that fell to him for his goal, was as much luck as anything else and they tried to credit his awareness for moving out of the way of Alexander's sight of goal before it.

Next was a tame header that never troubled the keeper even slightly, he shouldn't even have been trying to score from there.

Then a simple layoff to Robertson who was on the overlap, was Shearer's favourite bit apparently.

Give him man of the match for the opening goal fair enough but the rest was barrel scraping to shoehorn in Murphy's "Superstar in the making" comment. The praise heaped on for the most simple actions that you'd expect from most PL midfielders was far too OTT. They're so not happy Foden is ours, there's an inevitability in where the media narrative is heading.

Seen the Penalty claim from the Chelsea vs United match. On the second replay it does show it came off Hudson-Odoi's knuckles. However that's not a pen for me because if you watch Greenwood's arm closely, he extends his arm first if anything and is the reason Hudson-Odoi's arm is in the position it's in when the contact comes.

He might have even knocked his arm upwards with the initial contact between the players arms, or atleast prevented his attempt to move the arm out of the way.

Before the contact:
No Pen Rags.PNG
During the contact:
No Pen Rags 2.PNG

Look at the position of Greenwoods hand on the last screen cap, it's pointed downwards, as if he's levering the arm of his of his opponent to get a positional advantage.

I suppose most of us would want the pen but I still think that would be far too harsh in those circumstances. Chelsea edged that game too to my eyes, so United should be happy with their point.

Edit: Also why is the MOTD2 host doing his best to look like Klopp?

Last edited:
It's just a small point, but was anyone else getting irritated during the highlights to our game that Antonio's first attempt kept being shown in highlights packages as if he wasn't clearly offside in the build up? If he'd put it in, it definitely would have been ruled out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.