Offside judgement (Laporte v Wolves)

Rugby is always held up as the pinnacle and it boils my piss. England lost a six nations match because the ref absolutely buggered them senseless the weekend just gone

he actually came out in public and said he fucked up

and they only play about 10 games a fucking year.

There is premier league nearly 24/7 now - always on tv, always scrutinized.

I concur on that because I texted my Welsh mate saying that decision was a joke, but, that's the human error side for you.

Macron was probably in on it.

That clearly shows it’s offside (this seasons). It would have be onside last season when the point was the arm pit. It’s now the “t short sleeve line”.

It doesn't though because there is no datum from when the ball leaves Bernies head, there are no sensors in the ball or Bernies head to prove a fixed point as to when the ball was played.

There is no tolerance either to account for the variance in frame to frame which is a factor.

So.its farmer's guess.

Too close to call either way.

It doesn't though because there is no datum from when the ball leaves Bernies head, there are no sensors in the ball or Bernies head to prove a fixed point as to when the ball was played.

There is no tolerance either to account for the variance in frame to frame which is a factor.

So.its farmer's guess.

Too close to call either way.
If it’s too close to call either way then surely you’d say you should go with the linesman?

(I’ve already made the point about frame rate etc, but assuming that’s the correct frame, then it’s offside by the laws of the game with the upper arm not now being classed as a handball - they aren’t out to get City, Liverpool have had at least 3 chalked off for the same this season as have most clubs.)

If it’s too close to call either way then surely you’d say you should go with the linesman?

(I’ve already made the point about frame rate etc, but assuming that’s the correct frame, then it’s offside by the laws of the game with the upper arm not now being classed as a handball - they aren’t out to get City, Liverpool have had at least 3 chalked off for the same this season as have most clubs.)

Spot on.

Yes you would have to go with the lino.

VAR was brought in to reverse clear and obvious errors and this clearly wasn't a clear and obvious error.

Spot on.

Yes you would have to go with the lino.

VAR was brought in to reverse clear and obvious errors and this clearly wasn't a clear and obvious error.
And people keep forgetting var overruled Sian Massey-Ellis for the second time in two games with her so it’s not all one way traffic.

I believe the lines are parallel. What I don't like with VAR is two things:

1. You can't freeze the frame at the exact time when the ball is kicked forward on any VAR offside decision.

2. A hairs length is not a "clear and obvious" error, so why check using VAR, never mind accepting their decision.
I've looked at the lines in the cold light of day before and after reading your post and l still think the goal line and the drawn line. But l wouldn't get onto an argument over it on here or in a pub.
The fact that l cannot be passionate about it shows the resignation and acceptance that all this fannying about has put into me. After a lifetime of watching l do not understand the selective rules brought in to support the original rules and make them fit.

Too close to call means it level and not offside. Unless level means offside now?

Too close to call means give the benefit of the doubt to the attacker. Unless the benefit of the doubt is given to the defender now?

I don't know what the rule is now if the defender and attacker are level. What is is it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.