Guardiola interview with Rio Ferdinand

Good interview this, well worth a watch:

Great to see Pep give this kind of an interview. He's much more relaxed and open. I wonder if it's because it's with a former player, rather than a journo with an agenda. He is often pretty brutal with with press, which is fine by me as when they're not asking deliberately proactive questions or making undermining comments, they're using their articles to snipe and peddle falsehoods. But that does mean we don't often get to see an insight in to the real Pep.

Interesting to hear his take on the changes he's made to the way we play and why. How happy he is at City with our set-up and the weather aside, how happy he seems in Manchester.

He's a genius without a shadow of a doubt. If people want to criticise the spending nothing will stop that, but no true football fan could watch this City team since he arrived and argue that it isn't technically brilliant and a joy to watch. Long may it continue.

Big fan of Rio (dare i say it). Watched a couple of months ago some documentary about his wife's death. And how he dealt with it. Was a good watch.

As for the interview, Loved the part about Pep saying he felt we could still play better "with some new players". And that's why he signed a new contract. That's a big hint about transfers isn't it? :) Haaland, Mbappe, Messi incoming.....
Big fanny you said? Every time he is on BT he manages to get a dig in about how much he wants us to lose. Utter **** he is

Last edited:
Big fan of Rio (dare i say it). Watched a couple of months ago some documentary about his wife's death. And how he dealt with it. Was a good watch.

As for the interview, Loved the part about Pep saying he felt we could still play better "with some new players". And that's why he signed a new contract. That's a big hint about transfers isn't it? :) Haaland, Mbappe, Messi incoming.....
Not sure if your serious, he treated his late wife appallingly.

I got a little emotional watching that.

It was a decent interview to be fair to Ferdinand, and Pep had some fantastic, yet modest, answers.
'Typical City' just isn't what it used to be, and, at the moment, it seems unimaginable that we ever lost a game. However, watching this, it came to me how lucky - maybe even how spoilt - we are.
I think I'm going to spend this afternoon watching my 'Champions: Back to the Premiership 01/02' DVD.

I got a little emotional watching that.

It was a decent interview to be fair to Ferdinand, and Pep had some fantastic, yet modest, answers.
'Typical City' just isn't what it used to be, and, at the moment, it seems unimaginable that we ever lost a game. However, watching this, it came to me how lucky - maybe even how spoilt - we are.
I think I'm going to spend this afternoon watching my 'Champions: Back to the Premiership 01/02' DVD.
Typical city was not producing a dvd of our most sucessful seasons ever

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.