#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've mentioned this regularly in future captain conversations for a few years now but I'm tired of him throwing his arms up in a huff and just stopping when something doesn't come off especially when he's blaming others for his mistakes. it does not help the side at all, particularly when we aren't winning and need to dig deep. Look at his reactions compared to Dias and you have to wonder why one has the armband and not the other.

A massive problem to this team. However I do believe Bernardo Kevin and Rodri would work.

The problem is KDB Gundo and Rodri don’t work. Kevin forces to much, that results in the opposition having a chance to counter more. Gundo and Rodri are snails and it’s a real problem.

KDB and Gundo are also very much opposites of each other. So many of Gundo’s goals this season have come at the end of a patient passing move, and he is fantastic at making late runs into the box.

KDBs current insistence on firing the ball in behind as early as possible prevents Gundo from even getting up the pitch in time. Combine that with then leaving us exposed for the counter as you say, and we have a bit of a problem.

You pick the in form team for the derby and he isn't part of that right now. You understand any player taking time to get up to speed after an injury, but he wasn't doing it the last few games so he didn't earn a start today. Would have been much better benching him today and starting him Wednesday. The derby is not the game to play yourself back into form.

not enjoying watching him play atm. Feels like his workrate has dropped, and he never stops whining and shouting at other players even when he's the one who did something shit. Dunno if its the contract or what, but KDB is feeling like a problem right now.

Our main feature of the winning run was the constant pressure we apply and not giving the other side a breather. Kev gives the ball away far too much and it has a detrimental effect on how we play and seemingly how Gundogan plays.

It seems like we have found a winning system that doesn’t suit one of the best players in the world.

Typical City...

not enjoying watching him play atm. Feels like his workrate has dropped, and he never stops whining and shouting at other players even when he's the one who did something shit. Dunno if its the contract or what, but KDB is feeling like a problem right now.
Same. It shouldn’t get to me as much as it does but his constant throwing his arms in the air, huffing and puffing etc really pisses me off. Not high on my list of favourite City players right now. There’s no denying he is world class when in form but in terms of like-ability, I feel he’s a bit of a drain on the team right now. Dias has shown us a new way and Kev needs to change.

He has had a lot of criticism this last week or so. Problem is, what do we do? A player like him isn’t going to be happy sat on the bench every week. I’m not sure why he has played 3 games in a week though when only just coming back. Mahrez has too. Very strange given the rotation up to this point.

He is a more of a problem than a solution for us at the moment. A passenger in the team and for me,he's been abysmal all season even,evidenced by our poor start in the season where everything looked rushed and out of sync and he had a big part in that. He's basically become a Coutinho/Bruno Fernandes regen in that he can affect games with moments like vs Palace and West Ham but with them hero balls,we never look balanced and in control and it's clearly affecting both Rodri's and Gundogan's performances as well with gaps everywhere and even his G/A output isn't good enough to give him a leeway.
Bernardo-Rodri-Gundogan trio has been brilliant in that winning run and in the games he's started since returning,that Wolves game aside in parts,we've looked laboured and lethargic for large periods

He has had a lot of criticism this last week or so. Problem is, what do we do? A player like him isn’t going to be happy sat on the bench every week. I’m not sure why he has played 3 games in a week though when only just coming back. Mahrez has too. Very strange given the rotation up to this point.
Not saying sell him, but bench him and if he ain’t happy he can go. He can paint a beautiful picture with a world class pass, but his overall impact on the team is pretty poor. We aren’t a one man team like United relying on Fernandez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.