Electric cars

We have 110,000 miles on a Chevy Volt (Opel Ampera) and we love it!

Next car will definitely be an EV (Model Y/VW ID4 at the top of the list). USA Supercharger network gives the Tesla an edge (there’s a 12 point station in the local grocery store parking lot), but the ID4 is going to have 3 years FREE CHARGING with Electrify America, so they’re definitely out to be hyper competitive.

Like the look of the Mustang Mach E, but Ford doesn’t give me a warm fuzzy.

GM (Chevy is a GM brand) is going to bring out about 25 different electric vehicles on a new battery sled over the next 4-5 years, so that’ll be interesting. Their BOLT has a fresh new look, and is coming out in a small crossover package.

For many in the US, until someone produces a 300 mile truck, it’ll be harder to get widespread uptake.

However, the bigger issue will be EV incentives, as the cars are all considerably more expensive than the ICE versions of the car, or their ICE equivalents.

Tesla and Chevy have exhausted their credits, while Ford have not. I expect incentives to be re-upped, perhaps with the requirement for US production & assembly.

It’s the future. Infrastructure needs to keep up!

Looking to buy an electric. But torn between that and a hybrid. Kind of new when it comes to electric cars. Looking for more economic value. Should one go for a used or new? And hybrid or electric. Purpose is more long distance journeys. Tend to use cycle for local use. Any tips would be great.

Rented a golf vw electric. Brilliant and quick.

Had my I pace for a couple of months now and have nothing but praise for it, I don’t think I would ever back to petrol. Charger at home and charger at work so gave only ever charged once on a public charger.

Friend of mine has got one of these. Looks stunning in the flesh. Does about 180miles on full charge
2020-porsche-taycan_100716346_h.jpg

After umming a lot about going electric I caved last month and went for a half year old BMW X2 diesel.... Turns out they've just brought out a bloody hybrid of it which I'd of gone for but it's £10k more so no thanks for now.

Think this will be my last full petrol/diesel, hoping those Tesla prices come down in a few years time!

If we are going to shift to electric cars then the planning regs need changing for new homes so that a 3 phase supply is installed at all new properties to support the 4-7kW chargers.
It’s one thing installing a charger at your home but the power companies will also need to make significant upgrades to their substations, all the way from the national grid down to the local network operators and for that we are talking in the tens of billions.

Pretty much every new development in London has them.

Looking to buy an electric. But torn between that and a hybrid. Kind of new when it comes to electric cars. Looking for more economic value. Should one go for a used or new? And hybrid or electric. Purpose is more long distance journeys. Tend to use cycle for local use. Any tips would be great.

Rented a golf vw electric. Brilliant and quick.

Go hybrid if you’re only using for long distance. Electric is brilliant but definitely more a city car than long distance.

After umming a lot about going electric I caved last month and went for a half year old BMW X2 diesel.... Turns out they've just brought out a bloody hybrid of it which I'd of gone for but it's £10k more so no thanks for now.

Think this will be my last full petrol/diesel, hoping those Tesla prices come down in a few years time!

Tesla’s will defo come down in price. They are already working on a non luxury model and they are developing batteries which are cheaper and stronger. Bet you’ll be able to get one for around £28k in a couple of years

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.