Another Maine Road watering hole goes

How about the Gardeners on Victory Street ?

That was a Favourite
No, I went in there a lot too so did a Street View and it looks like a house/flats.
Are the Ducie Arms and the Old Abbey (in the science park) still going?
Used to go to the Ducie and leave the car there. Final pint after the game and then the traffic had gone.
They spent a while doing it up and it was closed so we decamped across the road to the Old Abbey until the Ducie reopened.
Never heard of the Old Abbey.Looks nice, will have to check this out. Ducie is a nice little pub, went in there before a gig at The uni. Hope it reopens.

1st time I ever went in The Claremont I noticed the CCTV pointing at the punters not the tills.

Told me a lot.
Reminds me of going in with my dad decades ago. Dad was pally with the landlord Martin King l think and he asked him why he didn't appear to be keeping a close eye on his staff. Martin said he was more concerned by the staff who were always keeping an eye on him. His system worked apparently.

Victory Street, that was the place to be, both the Osbourne and the Gardeners both great little pubs with plenty of atmosphere, and at the end of Victory street, you had the Sherwood on Claremont Road all within two minutes distance of one another, we had some great times great memories.

Anyone use the Robin Hood on Maine Rd itself ? Only went in once we were tho only white faces in the place, very quiet to say it was two o clock on a Saturday we were playing Stoke. Older regulars really friendly young lads at pool table made it plain we weren't welcome. Had quick two pints and left.

No, I went in there a lot too so did a Street View and it looks like a house/flats.

Never heard of the Old Abbey.Looks nice, will have to check this out. Ducie is a nice little pub, went in there before a gig at The uni. Hope it reopens.
Ducie still going

Talk to the landlord on regular basis and they should be ok

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.