Another Maine Road watering hole goes

What's it like inside the Platt Complex nowadays? I assume the bars are gone but are they still used as function rooms?

Remember when someone used to fetch a tape of the match as soon as it had finished and play it on the projector screen straight after?

My uncle was born / brought up a stones throw from Maine Road and then in Wythenshawe. One game in the late 80's we were walking back to his car and he suggested a quick pint in the Robin Hood... I suggested not but he said it was a boozer of choice in his late teens. I reminded him he was in his 50's and times had changed..... He was adamant.... So in we go, don't think the place had any lights on... Pitch black and the waft of dope hitting us as the door opened. My uncle turned and said "I think are right" and we turned and closed the door.

Surprised no one has mentioned The Denmark yet.
Taken from the Denmark early 90s
Derby Day, City in Whitworth Park,
Great days, nice pint of Stella in the Denmark.
C9C07A7B-5477-4C2E-8505-A61538A58F6E.jpeg

Really mate,thought they'd never been done off City, lol
Bloody hell two mini buses from Vegas did them on Three different services going to the semi at Wembley, not surprising really would you mix it with A Bridge Bird, we had 5 of them on board and 4 fifteen year olds so I’d guess rags would claim the odds were stacked against them lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.