The Kompany, Silva and Aguero Statues

Now... Don't get me wrong, I think these guys have been the best players of our greatest era, but I also think the likes of Bell (I know he has a stand), Lee & Summerbee, or Trautmann, Doherty and Eric Brook to name but a few would equally be as deserving of a statue.

I think the club could do more to celebrate our rich history around the Etihad rather than just the pictures they currently have and really celebrate it, putting paid to all the idiots who dismiss it. There is more to be reflected of Manchester City FC than the modern era.

I expect pelters for this opinion but it's exactly that, just mine. I'm not for one moment saying these guys don't deserve a statue, they 100% do and I look forward to it going up, they are quite possibly the greatest to wear our shirt.

Be interested for @Gary James opinion this.
Yeah, but any player from the 70s and earlier will probably turn out to have said something we'd now consider slightly misogynistic, homophobic, or racist, so their statue would get pulled down anyway.

I have an issue with statues.

I have no doubt that the 4 mentioned are all deserving but I would wait a few years. Maybe let the fans vote once every 10 years. It should not be the norm that you win a title or two and you have to work out who gets the statue. Is KDB half way there? What if Foden scores the winner in a CL final - what if Marhez scores a hatrick. We could end up with a full 11 in bronze.
Is it not a timescale thing? If kdb does 10 years then yes he should have one. If ,say, walker did 10 years then probs not.

it had to be greatness over a long period

Keep them separate, they each deserve their own place of recognition. Plenty of space around the perimeter of the ground. Kompany should be the Derby header celebration, kun obviously the 93.20 celebration and Spanish dave the dzeko volleyed assist

One on each side of the stadium with a space for a future icon on the fourth. For me Aguero one has to be him with his shirt swirling after that goal, Vinny sliding on his knees and Silva I dont really know.
That would be absolutely lovely. I think Vinny's one should be the one he leapt and punched the air after he scored that header against the Rags.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.