Harry Kane

How is Lukaku less gettable than Felix?!?!

I understand Inter I hear have zero interest in selling this summer, his career has been revived and is thriving, are offering a new contract, and will not just want to but will EXPECT to strongly compete for the Serie A title next season and do much better in CL.

That is not unreasonable if you keep Lukaku. Not if he's gone as you won't replace him so easily at all.

There will be a good market for Lukaku, but if he has another top season he can leave and revive his career further, and move after, it will be even stronger.

I thought he'd be a target but I then heard what I wrote - and it's clear they are in a better position than Dortmund or Atleti in terms of future prospects for next season so easier to keep.

Can see how he would rationalise another strong season and title + CL showing at Inter will help his "brand" for the next "big" club to see consistency on the pitch and winning titles, something that was a criticism.

Felix was always a rental for Atletico and whilst they paid a massive fee for him (€126m), they also sold Griezmann (€120m) so the net loss was very small and Felix's wages are surely less than Griezmann's were.

Atletico sell Felix they will gain close to €100m in profit and probably more if you include wages.

They are top of the league but he does not fit there at all. I see it and hear this regularly on European football podcasts.

He does not get the chances to score because of their style. He will want out because it's not helping him grow Someone will surely want him, and that includes us or an assortment of suiters.

Waiting is not clearly going to help him unless Atleti change manager and style of football.

Last edited:
I understand Inter I hear have zero interest in selling this summer, his career has been revived and is thriving, are offering a new contract, and will not just want to but will EXPECT to strongly compete for the Serie A title next season and do much better in CL.

That is not unreasonable if you keep Lukaku. Not if he's gone as you won't replace him so easily at all.

There will be a good market for Lukaku, but if he has another top season he can leave and revive his career further, and move after, it will be even stronger.

I thought he'd be a target but I then heard what I wrote - and it's clear they are in a better position than Dortmund or Atleti in terms of future prospects for next season so easier to keep.

Can see how he would rationalise another strong season and title + CL showing at Inter will help his "brand" for the next "big" club to see consistency on the pitch and winning titles, something that was a criticism.

Felix was always a rental for Atletico and whilst they paid a massive fee for him (€126m), they also sold Griezmann (€120m) so the net loss was very small and Felix's wages are surely less than Griezmann's were.

Atletico sell Felix they will gain close to €100m in profit and probably more if you include wages.

They are top of the league but he does not fit there at all. I see it and hear this regularly on European football podcasts.

He does not get the chances to score because of their style. He will want out because it's not helping him grow Someone will surely want him, and that includes us or an assortment of suiters.

Waiting is not clearly going to help him unless Atleti change manager and style of football.

Inter’s current situation isn’t financially secure at all. There is a lot of uncertainty at that club coming from the ownership. They’re actually in a worse place than Atletico and Dortmund.

I don’t believe the comparison between Griezmann and Joao Felix at all. Griezmann had a release clause of 180M which Atletico slashed down to 108M as the player wanted out. Felix’s clause is 350M. Even if they cut that down in half (which is highly unlikely), it’s still a wild number. They didn’t give that player the biggest release clause of the club’s history to make it easy for him. I actually don’t think that even if Simeone told his superiors there that he wants Felix out (which there is no indication of) they would facilitate for a move. Last summer, we approached Atletico with interest of signing their CB Jose Gimenez. He is an injury prone player that misses large chunks of the season; yet Pep likes and wanted him. And still, Atletico wouldn’t back down of the release clause they set for him, of 120M.

So my point being, as it stands Felix is an unrealistic transfer, unless I see evidence proving otherwise

Hes 28 this year and injury prone. Ankles like glass

Keep seeing people say his age should be a deterrent.
Barca signed Suarez at the same age, had him for 6 years, got 200 goals out of him to help toward 13 trophies.

Footballers last longer these days, they keep fitter and there's been massive advancements in looking after them(nutrition, mental health support ect) we could comfortably get 6 seasons out of him as he doesn't rely on pace.

Injuries should be the only thing that we should be worried about, and that he's a knobhead on the pitch but that's only an issue as he's an opponent.

Last edited:
People bang on about age.
Barca signed Suarez at the same age, had him for 6 years, got 200 goals out of him to help toward 13 trophies.

Footballers last longer these days, they keep fitter and there's been massive advancements in looking after them(nutrition, mental health support ect) we could comfortably get 6 seasons out of him as he doesn't rely on pace.

Injuries should be the only thing that we should be worried about, and that he's a knobhead on the pitch but that's only an issue as he's an opponent.
True, but Suarez did not have a catalogue of serious issues with his ankles, 'Arry does.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.