Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s weird being in Texas reading this t6read because I’m not exposed to the same media. The Lee Dixon hate discussion really surprised me as he is one of NBC’s game pundits. That man gushes city when he calls our matches. Talks about his family being blue all the time. He loves Foden ( says he is his favorite player ). We get Tyler and Neville on any Monday games. I can see where the hate for Tyler comes from. But, damn, I’m shocked Dixon shows bias on the international broadcast.
A lot of contributors complaining about bias often lack balance.

A lot of contributors complaining about bias often lack balance.
I'm not so sure, having seen Dixon many times via IPTV doing our games via 'USA' I'd certainly not agree with what I assume is an American based poster @NickGw2 , maybe over the pond they have a differing set of values of what constitutes acceptability/gushing from Pundits. This isn't a pop at Nick btw.

Been on this afternoon complained about 4 comments, 3 removed
Complained about our owner accused of being involved in child slavery - removed (why was it ever allowed on?). Complaint about Emptyhad and pointing out City have a better average attendance than L****pool and most of the EPL but apparently that Emptyhad comment, though false, lie, fake news whatever does not breach the BBC rules. Baffling logic but hey ho we do what we can. Whilst I agree it’s better to simply not read the articles and comments in the first place, but so many falsehoods about City have been accepted as true it’s a reflection of the lack of any rigour in the majority of current journalism, and not just football

Rob Harris? I can imagine. I'll give that a swerve.

It's a double feast of mirth and merriment - Nick Harris is one of the regular hosts and Rob Harris is a guest.

Poor, hard done to journalists who suffered the worst abuse last year that they have had in their professional careers from those nasty Manchester City fans. This forum gets a mention, not by name, but the place of talk about attacking journalists, scratching cars, revealing home addresses etc. If I heard right Nick says he got a brick through his window.

Rob shares his reasons for asking Pep about Mancini's contract - all very reasonable and justified of course in his eyes, Pep could have closed it down etc.

Nick spews out his view of our FFP story from the 2014 settlement to the CAS settlement. Usual tropes which can be countered easily enough and some factual bullshit.

TBF to Rob Harris, something I didn't think I'd ever say, IMO Nick Harris expressed the most bull shit.

I'm not so sure, having seen Dixon many times via IPTV doing our games via 'USA' I'd certainly not agree with what I assume is an American based poster @NickGw2 , maybe over the pond they have a differing set of values of what constitutes acceptability/gushing from Pundits. This isn't a pop at Nick btw.

Hmm. I know that Joey & Mulv of noisy neighbours pod (States based) often talk in favourable terms about Lee Dixon yet are critical of many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.