Best save I've seen (on TV)

City were 1-3 down in the cup against Spurs and our never-played-before keeper made an awesone double save that maybe was the catalyst to City completing one of the most memorable comebacks in the history of the FA Cup. No istreee my arse!

Decent save, but wouldn't class it with Banks' effort against Brazil. To me, his left hand isn't a mile from the ball, and, although he's starting to move the wrong way, it is just very good reactions. The sort of reactions one would expect to see from slip fielders in cricket on a regular basis. Banks, and the Schmeichel save for us v the dippers, were different, in that they were upright, had to get down very quickly to just inside the post and somehow not just touch it, but find a way of keeping t out.
Im with you...

Some of these are just instinct and luck. The Banks save is class. He had to move a mile for it and show ludicrous technique to keep it out. Seaman's is also brilliant because it was behind him and he managed to somehow get grip on the ball to turn it away.

Not a famous one, but I still think of a save by Tony Coton against Leeds in the year they won the top flight (1991?).

It was around April and United fans thought we'd roll over as they were fighting for the title, but we battered them 4-0. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry, but Leeds winning the title was a happy ending to it!

Somewhere during that, C*ntona leathered a volley from the edge of the box and Coton just casually caught it as it had practically gone past him. You could tell C*ntona couldn't believe it had been saved.

Fantastic keeper at the time, criminally overlooked by England.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.