Sergio Aguero leaves City after 10 years

Hard to call it mind games at this point, with Haaland not on the market, Messi looking much less likely, Aguero out, Kane not realistic... there's just nobody worth it for those prices this year, and they aren't likely going to just spend a small sum on a small name to try to replace someone of his stature.
Agree, step forward young Delap. Could he be our next academy star, time will tell, but have to trust the clubl

Could Messi fit the bill? He'll be on a free, huge wages probably, but based on the last two years is far less injury prone than Sergio. Get him for two seasons, by which time the finances Pep referred too will have improved.
Paying somebody 1m a week will hardly help with finances, unless of course, some new sponsor dollops a large amount down because we have Messi.
I will be boiling if we sign Messi and not go for haaland due to supposed lack of finance

Totally devastated. No matter what he should be offered a new contract.
every **** is acting like he’s finished. All washed up. He might score 20 goals before the end of the season. Then what will everyone be saying?

if push comes to shove in last 30 mins of champ league 2nd leg, I know who I want up top. So does Pep.

come on Kun, prove them all wrong.

if you say you love him, but also want him gone you are a Judas twat
Is this a poor Clarkie attempt?

Ideally I wouldn’t want Serg to play for any other PL club. If it is Chelsea, I don’t mind. The bright lights and attractions of London, as well as direct flights to Buenos Aires, etc. Probably bullsh*t. I hope so. I would be absolutely gutted if he signed for Scouse c*nts. Not that they need another forward. They already have 4. Same with the Rags. But I know he wouldn’t go there out of loyalty to the club and City fans.

A return to Spain would be the best option for him. A slower pace of football, more technical, more space, more time, etc. A Mediterranean lifestyle, the weather, he can speak Spanish, etc. It’s all set up for him back in Spain.

If it’s not affordable to buy a quality striker next year seems bizarre not to keep Aguero
I agree, I think it’s wrong not to offer him a new contract.
He’s been injured and everyone wants to write him off at 32. He’ll get his match fitness back and be terrorising defenses again.
For all he’s done for our club he deserves the opportunity, especially as we’re not paying huge money for a marquee striker, as confirmed by Pep.
The exit of Kun is poor by us IMO

I think the success of the team playing without a recognised striker is a factor. Pep has always been more about the team than individual and this year we have played our best football with a completely fluid front 3 or 4. Jesus is mobile and plays well in the system, Delap could give us the option if we needed to play off someone.

halaand is young and mobile enough to fit in, but Kane isn’t. Kane is like Rooney was, not particularly old but a lot of miles on the clock and dodgy ankles. Like a reps mondeo.

So my view is that if we get Haaland then great, but its not that big a deal if he gets auctioned off and betrays his allegiances for a bit more money.

if that happens I can also see the logic in someone cheap to come in as a rotation player for Jesus, like Ings, but only if he’s at sensible money.

I agree, I think it’s wrong not to offer him a new contract.
He’s been injured and everyone wants to write him off at 32. He’ll get his match fitness back and be terrorising defenses again.
For all he’s done for our club he deserves the opportunity, especially as we’re not paying huge money for a marquee striker, as confirmed by Pep.
The exit of Kun is poor by us IMO
i agree, hes still head and shoulders above Sterling or Jesus when it comes to putting away chances. Just needs some playing time which sadly Pep isnt giving him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.