Sergio Aguero leaves City after 10 years

i agree, hes still head and shoulders above Sterling or Jesus when it comes to putting away chances. Just needs some playing time which sadly Pep isnt giving him.
Both of those players are head and shoulders above Sergio in most other aspects of their game though. More importantly its those aspects which Pep finds most important for the way we set up.
Bizarre that people don't see this and concentrate on the most basic of basics. As sad as it is to say goodbye, there can't be any doubts it's the right time.

Unless he's replaced by Ings. Then we can all turn up at the ground and call Pep nasty names..

I think it’s his most likely destination.
I agree and I don't begrudge him one last swansong. Sergio has done a brilliant job for us but we have to change our direction moving forward. Chelsea are in a different position. They have a lot of young players and Sergio would be a fantastic short-term signing for them even if he only plays 20 to 25 games next season. I also accept the risk that Chelsea pose the biggest threat to us in next season's title race. But City are right to focus on our long-term strategy.

I agree and I don't begrudge him one last swansong. Sergio has done a brilliant job for us but we have to change our direction moving forward. Chelsea are in a different position. They have a lot of young players and Sergio would be a fantastic short-term signing for them even if he only plays 20 to 25 games next season. I also accept the risk that Chelsea pose the biggest threat to us in next season's title race. But City are right to focus on our long-term strategy.
I am not sure about Aguero's capacity over the short term. He's looked really rusty/slow when I have seen him but he's always been a player that needs a run of games. I've preferred Jesus over Kun for over a season now. It was sad to learn Aguero would be leaving but it's a good decision.

It's been clear for a few seasons now that Sergio been injured suits Pep as he didn't have to pick him. Truly baffling when you consider some of the finishing from the run around a lot or in some cases the not even run around a lot brigade. Kun is been fairly diplomatic out of love and loyalty for City by remaining quiet on the matter but privately I'm sure he's bitterly disappointed to be sitting on the bench.

I am not sure about Aguero's capacity over the short term. He's looked really rusty/slow when I have seen him but he's always been a player that needs a run of games. I've preferred Jesus over Kun for over a season now. It was sad to learn Aguero would be leaving but it's a good decision.
Agreed. At 34 Giroud has still done a great job for Chelsea this season and his experience has been invaluable. But at 32 Sergio is a better player than Giroud in most aspects of his game. So he may be a good signing for a club like Chelsea.
Jesus will never reach Sergio's level but he is a key player in Pep's style of football because his workrate is incredible (second only to Bernardo for effort in my view) Sergio could never be replaced like-for-like. He is a true legend. Despite that I do think it is the correct decision to move on without him.

It's been clear for a few seasons now that Sergio been injured suits Pep as he didn't have to pick him. Truly baffling when you consider some of the finishing from the run around a lot or in some cases the not even run around a lot brigade. Kun is been fairly diplomatic out of love and loyalty for City by remaining quiet on the matter but privately I'm sure he's bitterly disappointed to be sitting on the bench.

Not like you to come up with something negative just for a change

Do you honestly think that Pep wouldn't play our all-time best goal scorer if he was fit and healthy ?

Sorry of course you do .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.