FA Cup SF Draw | Chelsea | Sat 17 Apr 5:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
No fans of the teams, just “locals” apparently. Convenient given we’re playing a london club

Mag, as always your attention to detail is second to none, I would agree a Sunday game is better, the only thing I had in my mind was our exposure to youngsters.
Same with chumps league when it was covered by ITV rather than the extra cost of BT, far more neutrals watching then.

I’m clutching at straws here, but is there some other major sporting or outdoor event that bbc are covering on 18th which means Sat would suit them?
Also, I’m not sure over the long term it is that rare for the tastiest match of the round to be shown Saturday tea time - I can certainly recall plenty of them in that slot on bbc one, but I have no idea about the degree of influence from what suited teams best fixture-wise.
Anyway ultimately, I’m actually of the same view as you, it is highly suspect.
It does seem odd City signed off on it, or haven’t at the very least made their displeasure known publicly, especially if it had been ignored privately. Maybe the club just feel it is what it is, and we have to deal with it.

The good thing is that it gives City an extra day to prepare the League Cup as the Villa match is now on the Tuesday rather than the Wednesday.

Hopefully City can put the Borussia Dortmund tie to bed in the first leg and can play a weakened team in the second leg.

City wouldn’t get sign off. We just have to take it.
Not the first time the BBC has stitched us up over an FA Cup tie against Chelsea in relation to the proximity of a Champions League knockout tie

Is it? Just like this was a sure thing Sunday ... don’t be so sure about that either.

It’s not announced yet and I for one won’t be surprised if they put us on Wednesday there as well ... and give Spurs Tuesday midweek game (actually Spurs don’t even have to play that mid week at all as they can play their postponed games in CL nights as well as in future free midweek around the FA Cup final since they’re out of that too) so they can even have a whole week free leading up to the final. Let me explain how that’ll work, Spurs have a game in hand against Saints ... but Saints have another game in hand as well against Palace ... so should PL put that game (Saints v Palace) in that mid week ... Spurs get the whole week free leading up to the Final and just wait for their postponed game for a later midweek in one of CL semi final weeks or FA Cup Final week when the midweek is free for all.

Let’s just wait till they actually announce those PL games.

What did I tell ya all ...

Last edited:
Not seen anything which makes me think they are any better. They should have lost on Sat to by far the worst team in the division. Tuchel also seems like a knob - can't see the players getting behind him long term
Bump

I agree ... I am not too worried about Chelsea in the Semi Final ... I think Leicester if they get to the Final would give us more of a game ... but most of all I’m worried about Spurs with Mourinho in the other Final.

I agree ... I am not too worried about Chelsea in the Semi Final ... I think Leicester if they get to the Final would give us more of a game ... but most of all I’m worried about Spurs with Mourinho in the other Final.
Not too worried about Leicester now either, lol

Reactions: MAG
I think both Mourinho and Tuchel will park the bus. Going to be very difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.