Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is actually an interesting angle for mullock to promote. City won't pay the most. City are the footballing choice rather than the best wage.

We've done this for years and, whilst we do pay big fees, we have limits and do not buy anyone we like, contrary to popular opinion. If a player rejects us it's a morale victory for football over greed. So, could the narrative be changing?

We are seeing a carefully crafted strategy being played out by City. There are very limited funds for transfers within clubs with all the uncertainty - City one of the few who are able to spend because we don’t have huge debts to service and have a lower reliance on match day income - so much of the reported competition for Haarland and others signatures is a combination of press speculation and hot air - only a fool would consider it legitimate that Barcelona would make a serious offer for Haarland this summer. A circus has been set up and City know they are the Circus Master and that are going to set the rules of the game because they smell the BS. The transfer market won’t play out until City inject some cash and then reciprocal spending may start. I.e. Dortmund have money to buy a replacement for Haarland etc....

We are seeing a carefully crafted strategy being played out by City. There are very limited funds for transfers within clubs with all the uncertainty - City one of the few who are able to spend because we don’t have huge debts to service and have a lower reliance on match day income - so much of the reported competition for Haarland and others signatures is a combination of press speculation and hot air - only a fool would consider it legitimate that Barcelona would make a serious offer for Haarland this summer. A circus has been set up and City know they are the Circus Master and that are going to set the rules of the game because they smell the BS. The transfer market won’t play out until City inject some cash and then reciprocal spending may start. I.e. Dortmund have money to buy a replacement for Haarland etc....
Even the Emptihad is working in our favour

please be true. I’d break the bank to sign the fella but how good would it be if he came out and said something along the lines of

“I had several opportunities to sign for other established clubs across Europe and England, but I came to who I deem to be the best team in Europe right now and no amount of money from elsewhere would have changed that”

sign on the doted line son!
Shirley he’d say I’m going to the best team in the land and all the world!

I think haaland is already looking elsewhere and is probably pissed off at the idea that him carrying Dortmund to an UCL spot will be rewarded with him being locked up for another year, hence his lack of form.

"Our position is clear: we are planning with Erling,” Dortmund's head of player department Sebastian Kehl told Goal. “We are very relaxed about that. Of course, we have been following the situation. But we had a very, very good talk with Mino and his father just recently.

"I don't want to go into those talks now. From a certain point on, we may no longer be able to influence what the future will bring."
Oh wow..seems like they are actually resigned to him leaving. He would have said no if they even small chance of it. ..And if they don't get CL they will have very little influence.

I hope the wages and fees come to an agreement. The only real competition is from Real madrid but they will want Mbappe in this summer for sure so I think Haaland will be a bit free..but i still think they can outbid/outwage us since we have a rigid structure (Mullock's tweet), which is actually a good thing. Our squad is really great now, where players play due to their performances. Bringing him in at high costs will surely put a dent on that..

Agreed, if Haaland wants to come here, we’ll do whatever we can within reason to bring him here. If he wants to sign for whoever is prepared to pay him the most he won’t be coming here, I can guarantee it. I suspect the Mino roadshow went down very badly with City and Alfie needs to understand how we operate or he might blow this deal for his son.
Going to whoever pays the most will be bad for Haaland and I would hope his dad of all people will be influential in that regard. However USING whoever is willing (or saying they are willing) to pay more in order to secure the best deal with the club that WILL be best for Haaland is clearly the strategy of his agent.

I suspect a little game is played out here with a number of players; Raiola and Pep and Laporta have all just made their first moves. The media are going to live this and so expect many more twists and turns before it's conclusion.

I think haaland is already looking elsewhere and is probably pissed off at the idea that him carrying Dortmund to an UCL spot will be rewarded with him being locked up for another year, hence his lack of form.
That’s a very interesting conundrum, help them qualify and he is stuck there for another year, fail to help them qualify and he has the pick of the top European clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.