Arsenal thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll be judged more harshly next season. He's had a massive job in clearing out some of the overpaid dross, trying to integrate the youth & some new signings.

We've got some of the best youngsters in the country, they just need a few of the right signings to go along with them.

Not sure who the player is , but a signing of "stature" to bring everything together and be the leader for the younsters.

The problem possibly being the club's reluctance to pay what is necessary but Aubameyang and Lacazette are not doing enough to command that respect from what I observe. And the recent ill-discipline from the captain is hardly going to set the example, and is taking the piss considering the recent contract he signed,

Not sure where the next Patrick Vieira is .

I thought there was a lack of effort from some Arsenal players last night. It looked like a very lazy team and Arteta will have to perform miracles to change that culture. Aubameyang and Lacazette just don't work hard enough. Their body language says it all. I am a fan of Arteta but I fear for his survival. You do have some talented youngsters but that is never enough.

Not sure who the player is , but a signing of "stature" to bring everything together and be the leader for the younsters.

The problem possibly being the club's reluctance to pay what is necessary but Aubameyang and Lacazette are not doing enough to command that respect from what I observe. And the recent ill-discipline from the captain is hardly going to set the example, and is taking the piss considering the recent contract he signed,

Not sure where the next Patrick Vieira is .

If you think about what he's having to do, he's basically having to do a complete overhaul, unfortunately it can't all be done at once. Players like Kolasinac, Mustafi, Sokratis, Ozil etc are already out the door or as good as. I suspect this summer will see the likes of Guendouzi, Torriera, Bellerin, Maitland-Niles & a few others join them hopefully.

There's a good basis to build from, Tierney, Saliba, Gabriel, Partey, Smith-Rowe, Saka, Martinelli, & if we can somehow retain Odegaard, that's a good basis of U23 to build round. Add in Auba & Partey & you start to have a decent team. If you can add more quality this summer, (I'd aim for first choice right back & a Partey partner at the very least), & an actual pre season that Arteta hasn't had yet, then things look more positive.

There's no way we are going to be able to challenge City even short term if they are getting 90+ points every season, but we should be aiming to build for 80 points consistently & take it from there. I don't think that's an unrealistic aim to start with.

If you think about what he's having to do, he's basically having to do a complete overhaul, unfortunately it can't all be done at once. Players like Kolasinac, Mustafi, Sokratis, Ozil etc are already out the door or as good as. I suspect this summer will see the likes of Guendouzi, Torriera, Bellerin, Maitland-Niles & a few others join them hopefully.

There's a good basis to build from, Tierney, Saliba, Gabriel, Partey, Smith-Rowe, Saka, Martinelli, & if we can somehow retain Odegaard, that's a good basis of U23 to build round. Add in Auba & Partey & you start to have a decent team. If you can add more quality this summer, (I'd aim for first choice right back & a Partey partner at the very least), & an actual pre season that Arteta hasn't had yet, then things look more positive.

There's no way we are going to be able to challenge City even short term if they are getting 90+ points every season, but we should be aiming to build for 80 points consistently & take it from there. I don't think that's an unrealistic aim to start with.

What happened to Torriera? I thought he looked impressive when he first went there. Guendouzi seemed to have some quality as well.

What happened to Torriera? I thought he looked impressive when he first went there. Guendouzi seemed to have some quality as well.
Attitude problems and a falling out with teammates is what I heard, on loan at Atleti now but doesn't seem to get in the side much. Guendouzi just seemed a bit overhyped and didn't continue to show that form, plus Arteta doesn't seem too keen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.