Leicester (A) Post Match Thread

Well played the team. We have a squad to be really proud of.Being a saddo I look at the opppos forum If we win and I am amazed that Leicester fans think we are dirty and the ref favoured us !!!! If I was a Leicester fan I’d been more concerned at my teams total lack of ambition. Cheltenham Town attacked us more.
Been to Leicester away a good few times so I wouldn't have been amazed. I find them to be really thick and that accent is nearly on a par with the Brummies.

Quality solid performance and an easy 3 points but one thing about this game, Brendan Rodgers.

If for any reason the club are thinking about this dude as a long term successor to Pep, I hope this and many other games against the bigger teams have put all those thoughts to bed for ever.

Brenda is a flat track bully of a manager, and against the better teams shows what he is....a loser, pathetic performance and ambition from Leicester.

I've checked out the Guardian report, pretty anodyne but they couldn't help mention the cost of the team and certainly didn't gives us as much credit as deserved; at least it referred to Leicester as a fine team.

I've commented on the boring tag before: I think people confuse the fact that in most of our games, one team is trying to play (entertaining football) and the other is trying to survive. The seemingly never-ending procession of London Transport wannabes that City face doesn't do much to add thrills to our games. City's dominance just exacerbates things when they won't actually let teams out of their half. Well, tough shit for those who do not have the sense of involvement in games that we as City supporters have or those who do not appreciate the quality of City's version of the beautiful game. I don't think I have ever wanted a major trophy haul more for the affirmation that it would bring than I do right now.

I'm honestly not surprised by what Pep has done, I spent four years watching the majority of games his Barca side played, followed his progress at Bayern (although didn't watch lots of their games) and have read a few of the books about him. Whilst he sticks to the principles of how he wants to play, he doesn't stand still and his quest to keep improving is never-ending. The next few weeks will be perhaps the biggest challenge he has faced: his team have played so many games and now have another intense spell of games but at the business end of the season. I don't think it is a huge exaggeration to claim that the next two months could define his career as a manager as much as any other time in it; maybe more. He needs not to overthink things and his players need to keep working hard and maintaining a laser sharp focus.
It can be boring, especially when only one team wants to play

KDB's post match interview was spot on.

Only the bluest of blue-tinted spec wearers would say Aguero wasn’t offside.

Too bad for Ferna, because it would have been a belter!

Now, can we talk about Mahrez missing the sitter and why on earth Sterling didn’t score instead of ALMOST bollocking it up with the worlds longest, most excruciating 1-2 with Jesus?

Maybe he just wanted to get a rise out of Jesus over Easter?
It shouldn’t have gone to Sterling if you’re going to be picky. The pass took 2 defenders with it whilst Jesus was in the clear. Yes Sterling got the ball caught under his feet for a split second but he had to cut back.

I actually think the clock should be stopped for penalties and free kicks just outside the box. I reckon up to at least 2 minutes of time are wasted before the game restarts in these situations. Abs crazy imo.
Game should be two halves of 30 minutes and the clock stops when ball goes out of play.
Data has consistently shown over years that actual ball in play time can range from 40 minutes to around 55-60 mins.
There would be no time wasting (except maybe slowing down to get a rest/disrupt rhythm).
There would be the usual opposition to it saying that the grass roots would be different.

I actually think the clock should be stopped for penalties and free kicks just outside the box. I reckon up to at least 2 minutes of time are wasted before the game restarts in these situations. Abs crazy imo.
That’s my biggest criticism of how we run football
We should stop the clock for every dead ball decision and restart on the ref whistle,
Time wasting would instantly be redundant ,goal celebrations could take as long as u like !,you could Microphone up the refs as the only reason they give now is they think footballers would swear too much , when the real reason for the bad language is that they players that disagree with the decision also know while they are venting their feelings the clock is running down and they need to get the game going as fast as possible which leads to stress ,which in turn leads to bad behaviour,it doesn’t happen in rugby etc because the clock has stopped !not because rugby players are nicer!

and before people say u would be ever get the game finished , we already play 10 minutes or more in injury time at the end of both halves

we should at least try it at lower levels first to see ?

we are getting short changed at every match ,around at least 20 minutes while all this nonsense is going on

finally , just think ?
NO MORE FERGIE TIME!

let’s get it done ?

Only the bluest of blue-tinted spec wearers would say Aguero wasn’t offside.

Too bad for Ferna, because it would have been a belter!

Now, can we talk about Mahrez missing the sitter and why on earth Sterling didn’t score instead of ALMOST bollocking it up with the worlds longest, most excruciating 1-2 with Jesus?

Maybe he just wanted to get a rise out of Jesus over Easter?
Nailed on.

2 minutes is quite a conservative estimate for penalties, by the time you factor in arguing with the referee, the VAR review, carding, getting players into position, keeper mindgames (every keeper tries to drag them out to put pressure on the taker), actually taking the kick itself (+any possible retakes) and a goal celebration afterwards

Now, can we talk about Mahrez missing the sitter
If you're talking about Mahrez missing that late chance I'd hardly call it a sitter, he'd a split second to sort his body shape and shoot from a difficult angle against a keeper who got his angles spot on and closed the distance well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.