Airbuds / headphones advice request

I got me and the wife these a couple of years ago
good price and no problems

No problem. For the record this is my problem.

The rubber on the headphones expands when it heats up. Particularly around the charging connection.
The rubber doesn't return to its original state and cannot be put back in its place.
Leaving this scruffy looking overhang which covers the controls.
I get it doesn't stop the headphones from working, but it has now rendered them unsellable.

Turns out it is a common fault with the product and countless people have had the the response.

I paid £240 for these.
Bluetooth connection is poor, base is none existent and the overall sound quality is khak.

I contacted Bose and turns out I was just out of warranty.
They offered me fifty pounds off the same product. The same product they still sell with the same common fault.

Apparently they don't have to do anything because the product is still capable of its intended use.

And I could actually buy the product online cheaper than they were offering with the discount !
I can see why you don't recommend Bose. Just another example of form over function.

I had the highly rated in-ear Sony's but couldn't get on with using them over longer time periods. Replaced them with the over-ear version but the bluetooth was poor so replaced them with the Jabra set - they are excellent.

Cheers. Will take a look.

I had the highly rated in-ear Sony's but couldn't get on with using them over longer time periods. Replaced them with the over-ear version but the bluetooth was poor so replaced them with the Jabra set - they are excellent.
Jabra seems to keep coming up.
The more I think about it, the more I am leaning towards headphones rather than buds.
I used to be indecisive...

Jabra seems to keep coming up.
The more I think about it, the more I am leaning towards headphones rather than buds.
I used to be indecisive...

There's a bewildering array of choice out there mate but don't be afraid to try - it's easy to return stuff and you know pretty much straight away whether you've got the ones that are right for you.

These Sonys are brilliant all round value for everyday use:

The best value budget Bluetooth ear buds are probably these:

I bought those Boltune ones for 30 quid after seeing this. I cannot believe that they work and seem quite good. I'm mainly listening to podcasts on them. I have not used really expensive ones so cannot compare but I'd give them a go if you do have a spare £30

How loud are they? I'm getting old and I need to turn the volume up to 11 these days.(actually...it was doing that that has fcked my hearing up, I think!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.