Leicester (A) Post Match Thread

Wrong. A football match is not 90 minutes. It’s anywhere between 40 and 60 minutes depending on how much time wasting goes on, how bitty the game is etc...
Two halves of 30 would be to our advantage and time wasters loss. The time wasting would have no effect except that you could still slow things down but the clock wouldn’t be running so it would purely be to rest not run the clock.
I thought it was always around either side of 60. Are you seriously saying there have been premier league matches with the ball in play for only 40 mins out of 90+ ?!

Wrong. A football match is not 90 minutes. It’s anywhere between 40 and 60 minutes depending on how much time wasting goes on, how bitty the game is etc...
Two halves of 30 would be to our advantage and time wasters loss. The time wasting would have no effect except that you could still slow things down but the clock wouldn’t be running so it would purely be to rest not run the clock.

Wrong. A football match us 45 minutes each way. The fact that the ball is only in play for anywhere between 40 and 60 minutes is the problem not the length of the half.

I played football for 35 years and there were throw ins and goalkicks but less time wasting and play-acting and arguing. Not once was there an argument about how long the ball was in play. So the problem is the refereeing not the length of the half. If they were as quick to book time-wasters in every game as they are to book Ederson whenever we have the lead, they could stamp it out tomorrow. Absolutely no need for yet another, even more fundamental, change to the beautiful game.

I thought it was always around either side of 60. Are you seriously saying there have been premier league matches with the ball in play for only 40 mins out of 90+ ?!
Think West Ham and Burnley have both managed low 40s over the last few seasons. The average is 60 odd. 70 minutes with a stopclock would be perfect imo.

Courtesy of big Sam yes.
I don’t understand why any city fan would be against it. It is to the benefit of a side that wants to play football and not percentages.

It shouldn’t have gone to Sterling if you’re going to be picky. The pass took 2 defenders with it whilst Jesus was in the clear. Yes Sterling got the ball caught under his feet for a split second but he had to cut back.
Was the pass on to Jesus when it was made?
Whose responsibility is it to “get your feet right” to receive a pass 6 yards from goal?

If you're talking about Mahrez missing that late chance I'd hardly call it a sitter, he'd a split second to sort his body shape and shoot from a difficult angle against a keeper who got his angles spot on and closed the distance well.
Easier to score.
First priority: Make the keeper save it.
Second priority: Make it hard for him to save it.

With his first shot on goal, he hit to right at Schmeichel. With his second, he hit it well wide.
Should have both been goals.

And, for the record, I think he played well.

Easier to score.
First priority: Make the keeper save it.
Second priority: Make it hard for him to save it.

With his first shot on goal, he hit to right at Schmeichel. With his second, he hit it well wide.
Should have both been goals.

And, for the record, I think he played well.
Well wide? It skimmed the post.

Wrong. A football match us 45 minutes each way. The fact that the ball is only in play for anywhere between 40 and 60 minutes is the problem not the length of the half.

I played football for 35 years and there were throw ins and goalkicks but less time wasting and play-acting and arguing. Not once was there an argument about how long the ball was in play. So the problem is the refereeing not the length of the half. If they were as quick to book time-wasters in every game as they are to book Ederson whenever we have the lead, they could stamp it out tomorrow. Absolutely no need for yet another, even more fundamental, change to the beautiful game.

you can not play football for 45 minutes each half without not stopping for little things like throw inns or injuries corners dead ball goal kicks its all part of the game ? its the time wasting that is wrong and should be looked at

the keeper are at the centre of most of the time wasting and its a simple thing to fix with a 30 second time limit from the moment the ball went out for goal kicks or taking a free kick outside the box. if they don't forget the yellow card give the other team a pen or a free kick outside the box. mark my words it will stop right away

He's done well lately hasn't he, who'd have thought it - in his 2nd career, after all those years drumming for 10 cc -
what?!?

Sorry, thought you said Godley
:-)
Yep, Kevin Godlike/Godley is from Prestwich where, coincidentally, I lived for a few years on the same road (but not at the same time). Haven't lived in north Manchester for nearly 40 years. However, my youngest son is buying a house...... in Prestwich (he's never lived in north Manchester before). What a rubbish anecdote.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.