Travel to the USA

I thought you’d be enjoying your late season skiing?

BTW, the Gulf is a beautiful temperature at the moment! ;-)

Don’t worry, by May 1 I’ll be back in the concrete jungle of ChiTown schlepping mask complainers around the country! Kids gotta eat!
One of the best times of the year to be in Tampa Bay.... No humidity yet, the Mozzies aren't out and the snow birds are beginning to fuck off back to New England, New Jersey or New York.
Even @Banshee came down, dipped her toes in the water and pissed off back home the other week......

One of the best times of the year to be in Tampa Bay.... No humidity yet, the Mozzies aren't out and the snow birds are beginning to fuck off back to New England, New Jersey or New York.
Even @Banshee came down, dipped her toes in the water and pissed off back home the other week......
Agreed! Perfect weather! Cool nights, 80F days, ocean breezes. Hard to beat!

I’m surprised how busy it still is on Marco, though, tbh. Been coming down for over 30 yrs now. Used to come for Spring Break with the kids, which was always busiest time of year..snowbirds and breakers...but early April has been surprisingly busy, probably due to Easter weekend.

We are here in April. Wife back in June with one of her girlfriends, as usual, then have been hoping brother could visit in July/August. We are going to Maui in September and I have 787 school in Oct/Nov, so if my bro can’t make it, I might be done here for the year. ;-(

Here’s hoping I can get down again, soon. I retire in 7.7 yrs, so we will be down here full time then, if not before (depending on my flight schedules).

Just saw a big car hauler with a full load heading off the island. Snowbirds must be heading out after all, now everyone’s been here for Easter!

You have to decide... west coast or East coast from Orlando?!

East: Head straight east on the Beeline to Cocoa Beach, tour Space Center, great beaches. From there you just pick your beach towns. Drive through (and avoid) Ft Lauderdale & Miami, unless you want to say you’ve been, and stop at multiple Keys along the way. Marathon is about half way down and is a decent size.m, before you get to Key West.

West: St Pete Beach, Sarasota is a great little city, Ft Myers/Fort Myers Beach (I recommend Coconut Point Resort!), Sanibel Island, Naples, Marco, then Alligator Alley with a stop at a Gator Place for the kids, maybe an airboat tour, then it dumps you out on the East Coast at Miami...and Bob’s your uncle!
If you decide to head down the West coast to Sarasota, go over the causeway to Lido key, ditch the car and rent bicycles, St Armands has a few decent restaurants and bars.

Last edited:
You missed NOTHING in either place! New Orleans is a half day affair at best! Walk around, get sweaty, eat a shrimp or oyster Po Boy, go to hotel, shower & dress for dinner, do white linen at Bourbon Street...then get the guck out ASAP! One of my least favorite and smelliest cities in America!

Chicago? It’s definitely not a “destination,” but a “visit” type of city. If you know what you want to do there, it’s great, but I would NOT drag kids there, unless you are going to do a Baseball/Football/Hockey game, see a show, take a River/Lake cruise, visit the museums... it’s an ADULT city, and can be oppressively hot in the summer...or gorgeous weather. Flip the coin!
Looks like it was money saved reading what you put, it was only adults going though. We are still thinking of re booking for Chicago as it’s been on the list of Cities we want to visit in the States . We did Florida about 10 times when our daughter was young so not to bothered about going back there but we enjoy the States and Canada so hoping to visit as much as we can .

Looking into Florida again this year for September. My favourite place in the world is Miami but at the moment it's looking a little too risky given the COVID numbers will be relatively higher in the city.

Currently looking at a villa for two weeks around Naples and Marco Island, forget the flights and it's cheaper than going to Cornwall!

If you decide to head down the West coast to Sarasota, go over the causeway to Lido key, ditch the car and rent bicycles, St Armands has a few decent restaurants and bars.
I go through it once a week with work heading onto Longboat Island. It is rammed at weekends and difficult to park, bur yes that roundabout has great places around it.
There are usually market stalls on in the middle of the roundabout too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.