How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was there that day Nelly Young blasted it in and that was my first time at Wembley.
Watched it at my Gran’s house on Horton Rd, two streets from Maine Rd. Never forget it, because my first name was the same as the scorer, and there aren’t that many of us around, especially in football!m

In May 1969, I was 5 1/2 yo and knew Neil’s could BE somebody!!!

Last edited:
Other teams are running out of games. They need a perfect run in, while we would need to collapse.

Hard to envisage, but while the numbers say anything is possible, it’s one game at a time and fight til the end.

This month could be a monumental leap in our chance to win everything. The other possibility doesn’t bear thinking about.

However, context is everything. After last year, what would CITY FANS have given a nut for this season? Crushing Liverpool and United and winning the Prem! That’s almost done!

Sadly, the media are already saying bullshit like, “What constitutes a good season for City now?” And, “do they have to win the Champions League to be considered a big club?”

We can only silence our critics by winning it all, which is nigh on impossible given the games we have to play and teams we have to beat. That said, EVEN IF WE DID IT, the media line would revert back to “buying trophies!”

Fuck ‘em! Fuck ‘em all!

City need to literally just keep on focusing on the next game, forgetting what each one means, and just concentrate on winning every one of them. From there, good things will surely flow, and history will be made!

Last edited:
We used to park in Horton Rd back in the Maine Road days. I always remember thinking it was named after Brian.
173. Was an end terrace with a ginnel on the side with garages behind.

We’d cross the street, take that ginnel to Thornton Rd (why so similarly named I’ll never know?!), then down the ginnel parallel to Maine Road that brought you out at the old Car Park. That old building by the ginnel to the ground used to be ice cream van place. I got nicked with a bunch of other kids trying to get in on the roof to see if there was any ice cream in it!!! They let us go because we never actually got in, or broke anything, we were caught just on the roof! I remember jumping off it and feeling like the landing was going to break both my legs! Seemed like it was at least second floor window height! Stupid kids, eh?!

Ah, the good old days!

I was there that day Nelly Young blasted it in and that was my first time at Wembley.
So was I - and I was behind the goal when the ball hit the back of the net. Probably found myself a hell of a lot further forward on the terrace when the game restarted.
My wife and mother were wandering around London during the game as I could only get one ticket. Eventually found them outside Buckingham Palace.
Great memories and a sublime drive home seeing all the cars with scarves flying out the windows - mine as well.

I only work in absolutes, so for the time being Everton stay white :-)

View attachment 13773

Can you highlight Liverpool in red please, so they stand out as the worst defending PL Champions ever.

I want every Coach Wrecker who reads this thread to see how many points the self-proclaimed greatest PL team ever are behind City this season.

Thank you.

Watched it at my Gran’s house on Horton Rd, two streets from Maine Rd. Never forget it, because my first name was the same as the scorer, and there aren’t that many of us around, especially in football!m

In May 1969, I was 5 1/2 yo and knew Neil’s could BE somebody!!!
How Neil Young's Online Archives Were Born | Fortune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.