How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually not as big a margin as it might appear.

For the bookies to have to pay out £1000 on City, someone would have to bet £999 (or near as dammit). For them to have to pay out £1000 on a scum win, someone would have to bet £6.66.

Adding together £999 and £6.66 = £1005.66 for a guaranteed payout of £1000, giving an "expected profit" of £5.66, which equates to a profit margin of 0.566%.

Obviously this is a simplified scenario as we're ignoring all other teams but I wouldn't have thought that would make much difference in this situation.

Guess who used to be a bookie?!
For the bookies to pay out a grand on city winning wouldn’t you have to bet ten grand? If you put a grand on city to win it you’d only get a quid back on current one thousand to one on odds. Or am I misunderstanding how you can guarantee getting a profit?!?

For the bookies to pay out a grand on city winning wouldn’t you have to bet ten grand? If you put a grand on city to win it you’d only get a quid back on current one thousand to one on odds. Or am I misunderstanding how you can guarantee getting a profit?!?
If I put £999 on City and £6.66 on the rats, I'd get £1000 back and he'd be keeping £5.66.

Actually, you’d need to bet a million on city to win a grand at current odds.

Don't mind United winning games to keep us interested in going on and winning our next ones. Helps keep the momentum, does help that on a rare occasion our squad is fully fit so we can rotate for the league and CL, not that it helps Pep much with his selection.

So was I - and I was behind the goal when the ball hit the back of the net. Probably found myself a hell of a lot further forward on the terrace when the game restarted.
My wife and mother were wandering around London during the game as I could only get one ticket. Eventually found them outside Buckingham Palace.
Great memories and a sublime drive home seeing all the cars with scarves flying out the windows - mine as well.
Yes I was only a couple of feet away from the Players Tunnel and likewise directly behind the goal when Nelly hit it with the outside of his famous left foot which took it away from the goalie.
As you say wonderful memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.