Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to judge on a single game... big lad, pretty raw but clearly has potential. Not seen anything to suggest anyone should pay over £70m for him in this market.

Not sure I agree. He gained a yard on Dias over 10 yards then knocked him over like he's a rag doll. He laid on a one touch reverse pass that took out two defenders and set up Reus for the goal. Every time he dropped to get possession it was very difficult to win it back from him, reminiscent of Pogba in the 3-2 loss to United in I think 17/18.

At the other end of the pitch City missed some excellent chances and conceded that the false 9 approach wasn't working by putting Jesus on to replace Bernardo.

I'd say based on tonight he's confirmed the £100m+ price tag.

Too much attention on this player from media, commentators, pundits and even on here. He was anonymous for most part of the game with two or three flashes. But it was just this one game.

Even in that game I think his talent was clear to say. He's an absolute monster and would be an absolute star at City. KDB and Foden linking up with him would be almost unstoppable.

Seemed like he was going out of his way to prove his ability on the ball and his link up skill this evening and whilst it was a bit raw he showed some great touches. His power and pace is frightening. He made Dias look like a kid in that 1v1.

Sign him ASAP. Fast, powerful, calm & a team player. He would get 30 goals a year at city. Reminds me a bit of Kane the way he moves & holds it up.

Now I think we can put to rest that idea that we can go an entire season playing no strikers and false 9s lol. But I wanna thank everyone who made that point repeatedly for the good laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.