Travel to the USA

If you do Chicago, plan some time to visit the Michigan Lakeshore towns OR head up to Door County. Also, about an hour north of Chicago is Lake Geneva, which is a very nice place.

Maybe I take Chicago for granted a bit, but with its location being so far from anywhere “touristy,” it’s hard for me to wrap my head around coming here for a vacation!

I’d definitely make a plan to ensure there was something decent to do every day, and if the weather is good, it can be great! Hell, we even have Oak Street Beach downtown!

There are some great high end restaurants, some great LOCAL FLAVOR restaurants, and one of our family favorites (Grand Lux Cafe) is right downtown. There’s also drinks at the top of the John Hancock overlooking the Lake, tons of music locations, and cultural activities (sports, museums and theaters) out of the wazoo!

Wait...I take it all back...Chicago is a GREAT place to visit for a week or two! After 30 years I’ve just done all of that! My bad! :-)
Thanks for the tips , we did think about spending longer in the Chicago area and exploring some of the lakeside towns but wasn’t sure what was best to see so decided on splitting our time between Chicago and the New Orleans area. When we do get to Chicago we will have more time now so hopefully get to fully explore the area. Any particular towns you recommend as worth visiting ?

Thanks for the tips , we did think about spending longer in the Chicago area and exploring some of the lakeside towns but wasn’t sure what was best to see so decided on splitting our time between Chicago and the New Orleans area. When we do get to Chicago we will have more time now so hopefully get to fully explore the area. Any particular towns you recommend as worth visiting ?
Depends which side of the lake you travel, but Michigan has the beach towns & sunsets!

Just Google Michigan Lakeshore, or something like that, and there will be plenty of pics and reviews. It’s all personal taste, of course, but...

https://www.midwestliving.com › 8-...

8 Great Lake Michigan Beach Towns | Midwest Living

One of the best times of the year to be in Tampa Bay.... No humidity yet, the Mozzies aren't out and the snow birds are beginning to fuck off back to New England, New Jersey or New York.
Even @Banshee came down, dipped her toes in the water and pissed off back home the other week......

We do head to the southern states every year for 4 to 6 weeks and tend to take Florida because of the weather. But after a month I'm always ready to leave. We considered moving down there several years ago but I'd hate it. It's a little too flat for my liking, much prefer a textured landscape. Too much traffic and too many tourists.

We do head to the southern states every year for 4 to 6 weeks and tend to take Florida because of the weather. But after a month I'm always ready to leave. We considered moving down there several years ago but I'd hate it. It's a little too flat for my liking, much prefer a textured landscape. Too much traffic and too many British tourists.

We do head to the southern states every year for 4 to 6 weeks and tend to take Florida because of the weather. But after a month I'm always ready to leave. We considered moving down there several years ago but I'd hate it. It's a little too flat for my liking, much prefer a textured landscape. Too much traffic and too many tourists.
Do the good 8 months down there and head up north for mountains & lakes for the hot season!

I’m getting sick and tired of shoveling snow, winterizing cars and houses, potholes that would swallow a Mini and $400 heating bills!

Last edited:
Do the good 8 months down there and head up north for mountains & lakes for the hot season!

I’m getting sick snd tired of shoveling snow, winterizing cars and houses, potholes that would swallow a Mini and $400 heating bills!
We just keep everything winterised

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.