Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
That ship has sailed, I would think he is certainly gone come june

I certainly hope so. I really don't care that he's seen his contract out (he's entitled to do that) and feel no bitterness toward him. I don't think he's good enough for us or suited to the prem. Hope he goes on to have a good career elsewhere though.

I can’t understand the bitterness.

City and Garcia had a contract between them, both parties fully honoured that contract, nobody got ‘fucked over’.
You’re usually a pragmatic poster, a reasoned bloke, I love a lot of the stuff you write, look forward to it generally, so what’s happened for you to get so out of shape over a situation in which everybody has been honourable and no blood was spilt?

The only damage I’ve seen from this situation is in some heads but in the real world it’s nothing more than a young bloke completing his contract and then moving on to a new challenge with a new employer. It happens all the time, I done the ’finish a contract and move on’ thing myself a few times down the years.
I take a simplistic view on player sales mate. Garcia was given a chance to develop into a decent footballer at city using world class training facilities and being coached by a world class manager.

The reason I am ‘bitter’ is very simple. Imo Garcia should have signed the contract extension. If after signing the deal he wanted to move to Barcelona then fine. The club could rightfully receive a decent transfer fee of around 15-20 million depending on reports.

The collusion and duplicitous actions of Barcelona and Garcia have enabled him to walk away for free. Pep actually came out in an interview and said he was signing a new deal.

His behaviour is not professional nor respectful to City. Garcia has also hindered the progress of other potential young CBs at the club THB comes to mind.

Plus he is no fucking good.

I can’t understand the bitterness.

City and Garcia had a contract between them, both parties fully honoured that contract, nobody got ‘fucked over’.
You’re usually a pragmatic poster, a reasoned bloke, I love a lot of the stuff you write, look forward to it generally, so what’s happened for you to get so out of shape over a situation in which everybody has been honourable and no blood was spilt?

The only damage I’ve seen from this situation is in some heads but in the real world it’s nothing more than a young bloke completing his contract and then moving on to a new challenge with a new employer. It happens all the time, I done the ’finish a contract and move on’ thing myself a few times down the years.
Nonsense. We signed Garcia to bring him on as a player with a view to putting him in the first team. He accepted the pathway and as soon as Barcelona decided they wanted him back he decided to run his contract down so he could move for free. All against a backdrop of City having defensive frailties (before the Dias / Stones partnership blossomed), and him saying he would sign a new contract.
If you look up pragmatism it doesn’t say anything about ignoring context.

We have too many CBs anyway so no way back, he'll have to accept that deal from Barca.

why would anyone want to sign for Barcelona with the way they treat players. Snidey club, I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole

He either takes the pay cut to save face and just hopes he can perform and Laporta rewards him later or he tries his hand in the free agency market. A lot of clubs are likely to go after him on a free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.