Champions League Games 6/7 April

to be honest seeing us getting very nervous against the likes of Dortmund, Lyon quite surprisingly and we seem to forgt the way to play we usually can do in better PL games, I wonder how we would react to a club like PSG or Bayern. I think we either completely crumble and lose heavily or maybe not being a clear favourite would help with our mental block?

That we go out to games vs Spurs, Monaco, Lyon being huge favourites and then not being able to beat them. We may have better performances in us if its a much closer tie or we are even underdogs somewhat, unless we go behind because most often we dont turn around games anymore for some reason, luckily not often we go behind these days.

Last year we played pretty well vs Real Madrid, serious defensive performances against them but they were nowhere near at the level of Bayer or PSG last year or this year imo. still we played better in that tie than any of the Spurs, Lyon, Monaco games imo. the defensive mistakes are punished here like in no other tournament.

Key is the defending to me, top class defending (as a team, not just back four) and control of the midfield can get you very far and of course you need magic from the likes of KDB, Mbappe, Neymar, Lewandowski, Muller, Kroos, Benzema etc. level of players to deliver big in the right moments.
Hope Pep checks the Dortmund attacks on video with the team because Bayern/PSG would have much more of similar opportunities and if we cannot avoid them we have no chance.

It will take a lot for Bayern to get through. PSG have goals in them and Bayern's defense isnt great, playing for 3-1, 4-2, etc away from home will not be easy

Right now City just need to focus on Dortmund. If we get through, which is not guaranteed, we'd need to be at of our game to beat either of these.
And hopefully by the time of any semi final we could already have 2 trophies in the bag, including the big one.

both very good teams but if were going to win it we have to overcome these sides, we'd have to be bang on top of the game and 100% focused or we'd be on the receiving end,on the day we can be as good as either,its a challenge i look forward to
Or we could perform like we do against the Rags at the Etihad, you never know what will happen.

IF we get through and it's Pep v Poch. UEFA will be hoping we both lose.

Already been dealt with. But thanks for your concern.

200w.gif

5Zs9.gif

champions league 2 legged ties are a nightmare unless you thump somebody 6.0 in the first leg. 3.0 4.0 are over turned every now and then. city last night result 2.1 looked a poor result for us. but would a 2.0 win be much better to defend. they have goals in them and city would have to change and maybe play 3 at the back with a 2.0 lead

city play better when we have to go forward and pep said we want to win both legs ? city will score in the return leg we have goals in the team and with KDB anything is possible

last night it was a poor result. this morning its very much game on
It’s game on. But that is the case most games we play and we win most of them.
No reason to fear any more f the clubs we may play in semifinals or final.

That game was insane. I'm sorry to join the fannies, bed wetters etcetera but if we get past Dortmund I think either of these sides would have too much power and pace for us to deal with.
I'd have us slight second favs against Bayern but PSG are very beatable, they are not dominating the French League and we have a much better team. Neymar is well over rated, Mbappe is different gravy though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.