Bands at half time - 1992ish

Think it was a one off because as you say it was the first ever Monday night football. Dancing girls, fireworks and live bands
Then the Sky divers arrived on the pitch after the match finished
The pa Announcer shrieked
"Please welcome the Red Devils Skydivers"
To which they recieved lots of Booing
I wonder why?

Not at half time but after the Huddersfield match in 2018 (before we were presented with the trophy )i seem to remember having to endure some bloody awful' jazz' band playing 90s dance music 'classics'...shit, that was painful!!
Okay, it wasn't like 2012 or even 2014 when we won the League on the day itself but it just seemed to kill the moment.
Bloody hell... if I thought in 1988, 1998 or even 2008 I'd be making a fuss about having to' put up ' with a bit of music I wasn't keen on prior to seeing my team being crowned champions of England, I probably would have told the older me to have a long, hard look at themselves!!

Liam & Noel Gallagher ,1st home game of the season against Portsmouth , prob frank clark time has manager ?
They came on the pitch & headed straight for The North Stand, giving the Vsigns to portsmouth fans ,fair play to pompey fans they saw the funny side of it .
I almost forgot this, probably through the "euphoria" surrounding Lee Badbuy's debut (not)

Then the Sky divers arrived on the pitch after the match finished
The pa Announcer shrieked
"Please welcome the Red Devils Skydivers"
To which they recieved lots of Booing
I wonder why?

I’m sure their parachutes were Utd colours as well.

Gordon Smith is unique in that he won the Scottish League with three different clubs, none of them Rangers or Celtic. He left Hibs at 34 and joined Hearts and won his fourth title before moving to Dundee for another title aged 37. He reached the European Cup semi-final with both Hibs and Dundee.
European Cup semi with Hibs and Dundee?
Shurley Shum Mishtake

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.