Haaland or Mbappé

Would you rather us sign Haaland or Mbappe in summer ?

• Haaland

Votes: 378 71.2%
  • Mbappe

Votes: 153 28.8%

• Total voters
Without knowing either personally it’s hard to be definitive but Haarland seems quite humble and a team player - so he looks like he’d fit right in at City. Mbappe has an ego the size of a planet and refers to himself in the third person WTF ! Not sure how he’d fit in at City. It’s all academic because Mbappe wouldn’t entertain us anyway - he thinks he’s bigger and better than us but Haarland I think we’ve got a fighting chance.

This is a fair point as off the field activity, personality etc is taken into account as much as footballing skill at city; there have been a number of potential very high profile signings that have apparently been knocked back based on a ‘showman like’ off field party life.

Mbappe is destined for Real Madrid IMO if not this summer then next on a free transfer. Mbappe on a free transfer.. just let that sink in haha

Mbappe is destined for Real Madrid IMO if not this summer then next on a free transfer. Mbappe on a free transfer.. just let that sink in haha
Maybe it was a blessing in disguise we didn't sign him then? He would've also run his contract down here because he always wanted a move to Madrid. Besides then we probably wouldn't be in the running for signing Haaland now.

Mbappe is the better footballer and probably more marketable but there is something very special about Haaland, something that only the very top players have.

He has that streak of arrogance and self belief and a presence on the pitch that again only the great players have.

A friend of mine sent me this graph today comparing both in the UCL in terms of direct involvement (scoring or assists) in goals. It’s in Portuguese. The horizontal line is the number of games. Haaland is at his 16th UCL game and has been directly involved in 23 goals. When of his 16th UCL game, Mbappe had been involved in 13 goals (which is pretty good too, let’s be clear).

6B2E7E09-AFDC-4A57-9129-F2A3FB764F1F.jpeg

Just don't see Mbappe ever happening. Some players seem destined to play for Madrid and this lad gives me those vibes - which is a shame because he's probably got the edge over Haaland right now.
Haaland though is a different proposition. I think he wants us as much as we want him and that's why he will become the next club legend in a forever growing list.

I want haaland because if he signs he'll become one of us, whereas mbappe would just be another highly paid player playing for the money not the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.