It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling sounds like it could be a bit longer yet, talks not opened as yet with Foden.

But yep, expect all three to be done at some point before the summer is out.

Stones is more urgent.

Foden is a reward based new contract so no hurry there, Sterling is agent change impacted so could be a little while stones I agree is key currently for a couple of reasons.

Pretty much. We are at full capacity as it is. Sergio frees up a squad space. Dinho if he leaves frees up another. Any new player, englishnor otherwise takes up one ofnthose two spots. So there is room in the squad, just not as HG players. If we ignore the fact carson exists, like most do, that frees up another space in the squad, but not a HG spot as we'd still have 4.

In summary. Currently, no space in squad (giving carson the benefit of existance). 2 spaces for incoming players replacing Sergio and dinho, irrespective of nationality (or age, if we expect them to play CL). Anything above that requires people leaving.
Wonder if the Mahrez rumours will turn out ot have any relevance on this......

Sterling sounds like it could be a bit longer yet, talks not opened as yet with Foden.

But yep, expect all three to be done at some point before the summer is out.

Stones is more urgent.

will Sterling renew though? He might keep his options open and run down his contract

H.G Stones, Sterling, Walker, Ake. guess Carson my go. Club trained Foden
Non H.G Ederson, Steffen, Cancelo, Mendy , Zinchenko, Dias, Laporte, Rodri, Bernardo, KDB, Gundogan, Torres, Mahrez, Jesus
14. Which as far as I can see leaves 3 spots whether homegrown or non homegrown, Aguero and Fern replacements 3rd keeper, Or we promote an academy keeper and have one spare space.
Cant really see us promoting a keeper from the youth team.

Muric has been acting up a bit lately to say the least and I'm not sure City like what they see there. Showed up drunk for international duty and was sent home.

Bazunu looks promising and had a great debut for Ireland. He'll be strongly considered for Ireland's next no.1 (not saying much, but he'd be beating the dippers Kelleher to the spot).

Not sure being 3rd choice is what's best for his development though... probably why City have favoured retirees.

H.G Stones, Sterling, Walker, Ake. guess Carson my go. Club trained Foden
Non H.G Ederson, Steffen, Cancelo, Mendy , Zinchenko, Dias, Laporte, Rodri, Bernardo, KDB, Gundogan, Torres, Mahrez, Jesus
14. Which as far as I can see leaves 3 spots whether homegrown or non homegrown, Aguero and Fern replacements 3rd keeper, Or we promote an academy keeper and have one spare space.

Yep. 2 spots if carson stays, 3 if he leaves and is replaced by an academy keeper that counts as club trained in CL. More likely we bring in another keeper with experience though and leaves 2 spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.