It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he turned down City, not the city of Manchester - it was specifically our club. The club, not the geography.

At a point in time, when he was unproven, young, and we werent entirely what we are now, and neither was he.

I'm not arguing it happened. Just that it doesnt mean thats it for ever and ever. I don't particularly even want him as such, i'd prefer Haaland personally. But inteally don't think that door is closed nor that the club wouldn't pursue him if he was available or they felt they could land him.
Laoprte turned us down too. A year and a half he joined us.

Correct.

Still not sure it was us the club though and not geography as an 18 year old at the time,wouldn't hold a decision as an 18 year old against him or be sure it hasn't changed.

"I'm French and I choose a French team. People must be happy to keep a French player in the league."

At a point in time, when he was unproven, young, and we werent entirely what we are now, and neither was he.

I'm not arguing it happened. Just that it doesnt mean thats it for ever and ever. I don't particularly even want him as such, i'd prefer Haaland personally. But inteally don't think that door is closed nor that the club wouldn't pursue him if he was available or they felt they could land him.
Laoprte turned us down too. A year and a half he joined us.
I don’t know enough about the specifics of the Laporte case, or whether he came out publicly and was quoted as turning us down like that, but after that quote, unless him or his agent were specifically coming to us, I wouldn’t be giving him too much thought, especially as you say there are other names who seem more attainable. I know there’s an element of “cutting off your nose” but as a supporter I would feel ambivalent about him at best.
I just don’t see why he’s the subject of so many posts on a City forum at the moment. Unless he publicly changes his views - and why would he - I don’t see the point of even thinking about him.

I know it's unlikely but if Sterling doesn't want to renew I wonder whether City will look to offload him this summer? Foden's taken his place and whilst I still think he's a class player, relatively young etc, I can't imagine City will be comfortable with him running down his contract. Plus with our unexpected financial loss (I know this was partly down to Covid) could we see him sold to help bring in other players?

problem with that is no one can afford him no clubs has the money!

Is it likely that it will be our money that’s required to spin the transfer merry go round? I ask because that alone gives us an edge in the market. If it’s going to be stagnant until we ding the till I mean.

I'm sure City are wanting to avoid another Sane dragged-out situation.

I don't envisage why he would want to leave City at this time.

I also don't see a market for him in the present climate.
Yep there no market for him but if he wants a change the best way for him to get that change is to run down his contract so there is next to no fee.. Think this is the way it will go with top players now, I always thought why do players sign a new contract like Kane did and get tied down...

No he hasn't, he said when as an 18 year old signing for his home city team, he turned down Manchester.That doesn't mean if he leaves Paris as a 21 year old Manchester is still ruled out. Think he would prefer Spain but that might not be an option. I think he's unlikely to come to us but I wouldn't rule it out either.
He has his sights set firmly on Madrid this lad and as shown by other posters he turned us down directly but not Pep which again just amplifies the fact that he doesnt want us.....even with a manager he clearly doest want to turn down

He has his sights set firmly on Madrid this lad and as shown by other posters he turned us down directly but not Pep which again just amplifies the fact that he doesnt want us.....even with a manager he clearly doest want to turn down
I think you are right he walike Madrid,however I don't think Madrid can afford him, so what does he do ? Re sign with PSG or look elsewhere. I think it's highly unlikely we could get him If we have a chance though I'd prefer Mbappe over the much more like Haaland. Be very happy with Haaland as well though.

I think he turned down City, not the city of Manchester - it was specifically our club. The club, not the geography.
I think what he said has been completely misconstrued.

He decided to go to PSG, which is absolutely fair enough for a 17 year old kid from Paris.

He was asked why he'd "snubbed Guardiola".

The journalist was clearly trying to create a headline with the tone of that question, and he got one.

Mbappe said he'd not snubbed Guardiola personally, he'd snubbed the club.

I don't think he in any way implied any disrespect towards the club or the city.

If anything, I think he was trying to be respectful to Guardiola saying he'd not snubbed him personally.

Maybe a better way of expressing what he meant is if he said "By signing for PSG, it's not a snub to Guardiola as a person, I just chose PSG over City."

It was a ****'s trick by the journalist.

I think what he said has been completely misconstrued.

He decided to go to PSG, which is absolutely fair enough for a 17 year old kid from Paris.

He was asked why he'd "snubbed Guardiola".

The journalist was clearly trying to create a headline with the tone of that question, and he got one.

Mbappe said he'd not snubbed Guardiola personally, he'd snubbed the club.

I don't think he in any way implied any disrespect towards the club or the city.

If anything, I think he was trying to be respectful to Guardiola saying he'd not snubbed him personally.

Maybe a better way of expressing what he meant is if he said "By signing for PSG, it's not a snub to Guardiola as a person, I just chose PSG over City."

It was a ****'s trick by the journalist.
This, and the decision he made as an 18 year old has little bearing on his next decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.