It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are right he walike Madrid,however I don't think Madrid can afford him, so what does he do ? Re sign with PSG or look elsewhere. I think it's highly unlikely we could get him If we have a chance though I'd prefer Mbappe over the much more like Haaland. Be very happy with Haaland as well though.
he may run down his contract and Madrid then get him cheaper (or even on a free) - seems to be happening more and more.....

I think there is a slight possibility that Haaland may get priced out of a move this summer and his club may be willing to take the financial hit (which would be considerable) and sell him in 12 months time.....they wouldnt budge on Sancho and may well do the same with him.....Garcia has done it to us and it would have been intersting what would have happened with Sane if he hadnt picked up that injury.....would we have done it with him and then let him run his contract down so Munich got him cheaper (which is what happened anyway but the injury made it wasier for all sides to allow this to happen)

I think what he said has been completely misconstrued.

He decided to go to PSG, which is absolutely fair enough for a 17 year old kid from Paris.

He was asked why he'd "snubbed Guardiola".

The journalist was clearly trying to create a headline with the tone of that question, and he got one.

Mbappe said he'd not snubbed Guardiola personally, he'd snubbed the club.

I don't think he in any way implied any disrespect towards the club or the city.

If anything, I think he was trying to be respectful to Guardiola saying he'd not snubbed him personally.

Maybe a better way of expressing what he meant is if he said "By signing for PSG, it's not a snub to Guardiola as a person, I just chose PSG over City."

It was a ****'s trick by the journalist.
WTF, are there gradations, nuances and shades of rejection that I'm unaware of? He didn't want to join City. That's it. End of. What was the poor hack supposed to write?

Is it likely that it will be our money that’s required to spin the transfer merry go round? I ask because that alone gives us an edge in the market. If it’s going to be stagnant until we ding the till I mean.

This summer will be interesting, aside from a high number of ‘out of contract’ decent players there is also going to be the biggest game of chicken you’ve ever seen.

All the big clubs will be waiting for the first half decent transfer to go through that sets the market level. Could be a £50 million player going for £30 or keeping value - until these transactions start to occur the market will sit it out and wait as long as possible. All it will take to kick it off is a club to be desperate enough for the money to accept a lower valuation or a club desperate enough for a position to be filled to pay a larger sum.

There are about four or five players who are above this and would be exceptions (ie Harlaand) where the market won’t take the fee as setting the standard.

I think we may see more fees going for lower division players also as clubs search for value as the window opens (remembering those clubs will be more than deep in the financial mire).

Has the potential to be the most interesting and surprising window for a long time; also the potential to be the dullest too !

I don’t know enough about the specifics of the Laporte case, or whether he came out publicly and was quoted as turning us down like that, but after that quote, unless him or his agent were specifically coming to us, I wouldn’t be giving him too much thought, especially as you say there are other names who seem more attainable. I know there’s an element of “cutting off your nose” but as a supporter I would feel ambivalent about him at best.
I just don’t see why he’s the subject of so many posts on a City forum at the moment. Unless he publicly changes his views - and why would he - I don’t see the point of even thinking about him.

I agree on the likelyhood of anything changing being low. I do think the comments are hugely misapplied and read into way more than is there. Either way, may never matter really.

At a point in time, when he was unproven, young, and we werent entirely what we are now, and neither was he.

I'm not arguing it happened. Just that it doesnt mean thats it for ever and ever. I don't particularly even want him as such, i'd prefer Haaland personally. But inteally don't think that door is closed nor that the club wouldn't pursue him if he was available or they felt they could land him.
Laoprte turned us down too. A year and a half he joined us.
Eric broke his leg and the club he was with supported his recovery and he felt obliged . Mbop was arrogant , he also wanted to be a wimp and stay in france , he turned manchester and the club down , didnt turn down pep he says , he wouldnt come here for the right reason

he may run down his contract and Madrid then get him cheaper (or even on a free) - seems to be happening more and more.....

I think there is a slight possibility that Haaland may get priced out of a move this summer and his club may be willing to take the financial hit (which would be considerable) and sell him in 12 months time.....they wouldnt budge on Sancho and may well do the same with him.....Garcia has done it to us and it would have been intersting what would have happened with Sane if he hadnt picked up that injury.....would we have done it with him and then let him run his contract down so Munich got him cheaper (which is what happened anyway but the injury made it wasier for all sides to allow this to happen)
Not taking the offer on the table last summer for Sancho has cost Dortmund millions.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but football and footballers fortunes change very quickly.

If a serious offer is put on the table, Dortmund will take it in my opinion.

This confirms then that Fernandinho isn’t getting an extension offer, or has but wants to try something else. Who is the other midfielder replacing? Or do we have a free spot already?
If Fern leaves then can only see that being down to the big wages he's on that will be required elsewhere, unfortunately I don't see anyone anywhere with his ability & leadership we can snap up

I would keep him for 1 morevyear on less money but extra winning bonus come end of 2022

He is too good to let go but £175.000 a week looks like it goes towards Haaland along with half of Agueros

If Fern leaves then can only see that being down to the big wages he's on that will be required elsewhere, unfortunately I don't see anyone anywhere with his ability & leadership we can snap up

I would keep him for 1 morevyear on less money but extra winning bonus come end of 2022

He is too good to let go but £175.000 a week looks like it goes towards Haaland along with half of Agueros
It may be playing time, he is pretty much Rodri’s back up now, he may think he can play a couple of years somewhere as a first choice at a high level. Another year with us would reduce his opportunities to then move on.
It’s a big decision for him how he wants to end his career.I assume we’d be happy to give him another year but it will be his decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.