Inflammatory Bowel Disease

I suffer with Ulcerative colitis and have done for 40 years.
The advice and treatment back then was totally wrong and led me to seek and try 'alternative ' medicine.
And I did.
Over the years I took all kinds.
Eventually when having osteo work the guy asked me how many times a day I went the loo.
6 or 7 I told him.
He asked if I had tried acupuncture.
No!.
Do you want to try it (foc, as he'd just qualified )
So I agreed.
First time no change.
2nd time no change but just before my 3rd treatment the pain stopped, as did the blood and mucus.
I reckon I got over 14 years in remission.
Then 4 years ago i was under a bit of stress financially and had a flare up.
Sadly my old guy wasnt around but a found a new guy 7 Miles away.
Took about 6 sessions but it's been back in remission ever since.
I also have full fat Greek yogurt every day for breakfast.
Full of natural prebiotics.
I'd never eaten yoghurt in the previous 60 years of my life.
I also had a food journal and wrote down every single thing I ate and drank.
Then, when it was bad, start eliminating certain foods.
1st time around baked beans and fried fish were the two worst things for me.

Try anything mate, get off the drugs.

Good luck!

Does anyone else suffer with it? I have Crohn's in my rectum and multiple patches throughout my large intestine. Unfortunately I am going through my 2nd major flare in 8 months. At the minute I am severely constipated and not eating much due to the pain. Can't have prednisolone as I have had too much over the last 18 months, so I am having to grind it out.

Should have had my medication changed early last year but then Covid struck and I have unable to see the consultant.

Anyone else on here suffer with it?
Have you ever looked into the low FODMAP diet mate ?

Good shout.

As much as i love onions and mushrooms,it most definitely isn't reciprocated.
Those names seem to come up pretty regularly mate, I’d never heard of it until I lived with a girl who wrote an e-book on it, she was fuckin crackers, but she knew her stuff on the subject, the diet can make an incredible difference to people with IBS and IBD, one that if I didn’t see with my own eyes I’d likely never have believed .

Those names seem to come up pretty regularly mate, I’d never heard of it until I lived with a girl who wrote an e-book on it, she was fuckin crackers, but she knew her stuff on the subject, the diet can make an incredible difference to people with IBS and IBD, one that if I didn’t see with my own eyes I’d likely never have believed .

It really is amazing,but i guess shouldnt be too surprising,that what we consume has so much control and effect on our everyday lives.My diet is still what it was (smaller portions of course) when i was training hard,but it just seems to have caught up with me in the last few years in regards digestive issues.Quite often i'll eat certain foods in the knowledge there will be some payback within a couple of hours!

It really is amazing,but i guess shouldnt be too surprising,that what we consume has so much control and effect on our everyday lives.My diet is still what it was (smaller portions of course) when i was training hard,but it just seems to have caught up with me in the last few years in regards digestive issues.Quite often i'll eat certain foods in the knowledge there will be some payback within a couple of hours!
It is mate, she’d go from looking 6 months pregnant because she’d eaten things she knew she shouldn’t (and we’re talking really small amounts here too) to having a stomach as flat as a pancake the next day, I’d urge anyone who suffers with Coeliac disease, IBD, IBS etc to at least look into it , obviously won’t cure it, but it will help many reduce the symptoms.

It is mate, she’d go from looking 6 months pregnant because she’d eaten things she knew she shouldn’t (and we’re talking really small amounts here too) to having a stomach as flat as a pancake the next day, I’d urge anyone who suffers with Coeliac disease, IBD, IBS etc to at least look into it , obviously won’t cure it, but it will help many reduce the symptoms.

Yep,great advice.

The problem for most is the effort and willpower involved though,a pill from the GP is far more acceptable/preferable.....

Had a proctogram the other day and it seems I have a prolapsed rectum. Thankfully I will not require surgery just yet, but consultant wants to do a colonoscopy before he decides next actions.
Anyone had one of these? Any complications and has issue been resolved?

Feel for you my friend, my youngest daughter is currently undergoing tests for crohns and my eldest has suffered with it for a number of years and she is now 28!
It’s a terrible illness and she has done the usual mix of pills and steroids and is now using weekly injections to some affect

There’s a lot of research suggesting that a vegan diet can help IBS and Crohns. Some suggest that it can lead to remission.

What the NHS often fails to do is look at the root cause of things. Instead they look at how to treat symptoms. Whereas prevention studies are starting to become more common and they are increasingly finding that poor diet is a root cause to many illnesses, both physical and even mental.

It’s our lifestyle that’s making us ill and killing us. Changing our lifestyle can stop the illnesses, but treating the symptoms won’t.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.