Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was listening to the Guardian football weekly there, some woman Flo Lloyd Hughes was complaining about Rodri and Ederson’s diving in the disallowed goal and penalty incidents
She said “city are pretty unlikeable as it is without doing that as well”
They wouldn’t say that about any other Premier league club

Was listening to the Guardian football weekly there, some woman Flo Lloyd Hughes was complaining about Rodri and Ederson’s diving in the disallowed goal and penalty incidents
The Guardian is very anti City.

We‘re not unliked by the fans of most other clubs who would rather we win than the rags or dippers, who are unliked by all for their huge sense of entitlement and of course, their diving to gain penalties.
Better luck next time flo.

No they wouldn't. It's some thicko pretending to be clever because they write in a broadsheet. They pander as much to ragdippers as much as the red tops.

I remember this game. We started singing 'can we play you every week' IIRC. Later on that same season, I think, Pompey got a right thumping off Arsenal too. Their fans reacted in the same way. Press at the time were all over it and praised them for their sporting behaviour. It really pissed me off because we hadn't got a mention when we had reacted in the same manner. Perhaps we were being ignored even then.
Was at that game. Didnt we sing who the fuck are you to Henry as he was about to be subbed on?

Listening to GMR on the way back home and they had one maybe two Arsenal fans ring up praising the City fans for their humour

Like you, Mike, I'd hope that I would be impartial in assessing any team/individual performance were I ever to be put in the privileged position of being asked for my opinion on a professional basis.

The kids among my family and friends in our Family Stand group often roll their eyes when I bang on about some team/player from yesteryear, just like my Old Man did when I was a kid describing Peter Doherty to me. It's one of the things I've missed about going to the match this past year, the glazed look that comes over the kids' eyes as I ask 'Have I ever told you about so-and-so who played for us? and so-and-so who played for.. (insert team here and any one from the likes of Alex Young/John White/Jim Baxter.. and so on and so on..!)

And yes, the great Liverpool sides of the 60s/70s/80s feature.. I remember once when we beat them 1-0 on Boxing Day (Clive Wilson scored) the Dalglish side absolutely thrashed us but somehow couldn't score. One of the guys in front of us on the Kippax turned to say after half an hour or so of them pummelling us 'It's a privilege to watch this team beat us, isn't it?'

And yes (2), don't get me on about how thrilling it was as a kid to see Peter Thompson and Ian Callaghan raiding down both both flanks for Shankly's Liverpool team.. oh, there goes that glazed look from you Mike.. I'll sign off!
Wasn’t Clive Wilson’s goal the diving header from about 30yards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.