It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think we should look to move Mahrez on. Been decent this season, but someone that needs upgrading and this is the last chance to get any kind of fee for him.

Gundo has a fantastic year and people might call me crazy, but if his good season has caught the eye of the likes of Bayern and their willing to give us a hefty profit I don't oppose the idea that we sell. With both him and KdB the wrong side of 30, and Gundo not being as effective in some systems anyway on top of being in the middle of an obvious peak that usually is followed by a steep decline especially for a guy like Gundo where the game has taken such a toll on his body, I think being ruthless and moving him on wouldnt be the worst idea. If we sign a striker and play with he loses a bit of freedom in the "Lampard" role anyway. Let Bernie get his position and make it his own.

For absolute silly money I would be very tempted to sell Raz. Will always be an asset, just think he has made the most out of his abilities here and both him and us might benefit from a change of scenery
Gundo has a game based upon game intelligence, being the best passer we have and a good pressing brain but the fact he's turned 30 does it?
I've bit read the rest, seen there's something about Sterling in there, but fucking hell

I'd like to know who's gonna be queuing up to pay decent money and equivalent wages to Mahrez, Gundogan or Raheem? Even if we wanted to move them on, any club that can afford them will be chasing the same targets as City.

Per Mangala, it's extremely difficult to shift a player once he's broken into a certain price bracket, be that fee or wages. Pep also absolutely loves Gundo and Raheem. Mahrez is having his best season for City and he and KDB in particular appear to have a good understanding now.

0 chance any of these moves in the summer for me.

Gundogan and Raheem are definitely not going (use some common sense...), and Aguero is obviously leaving.

Other that make sense are Laporte or Ake, possibly due to game time.

Dinho because he takes up a foreign spot. Although I suspect if we replace him it'd just be another player taking up that foreign spot.

Mahrez because while he has been good, he has potential resale value, and the hope is for Ferran to take over the RW spot anyways, Very easy to have Palmer be the homegrown talent taking over as backup.

That's about it.

Gundogan and Raheem are definitely not going (use some common sense...), and Aguero is obviously leaving.

Other that make sense are Laporte or Ake, possibly due to game time.

Dinho because he takes up a foreign spot. Although I suspect if we replace him it'd just be another player taking up that foreign spot.

Mahrez because while he has been good, he has potential resale value, and the hope is for Ferran to take over the RW spot anyways, Very easy to have Palmer be the homegrown talent taking over as backup.

That's about it.

I have heard people banging the drum on Romeo Lavia, in the youth team, anyone here know if he is ready to make the jump or does he need another year or two?

I have heard people banging the drum on Romeo Lavia, in the youth team, anyone here know if he is ready to make the jump or does he need another year or two?
At least a year away IMO. Very promising player thoug, and extending fern for 1 more year makes a lot of sense to me as he’s still performing well as back up to Rodri

We will see I guess. They haven't lost anything yet, maybe they get less than utd offered, having had a good player for a year, maybe they get the same, maybe they get more. They paid 8m for him, so whatever they get will still be a big profit.
[/QUOTE

Not necessarily....he doesnt stand them at 8m n'more if theyve knocked back a bid of 80m...see milankaka & cook calling em ( rightly) cowboys.

I very much disagree with that. Lets see how it plays out. I think theyl get 85m easily for him this summer, probably more. And thats what was offered last summer so nothing lost, and a year gained havign the player. Plus, last summer they woulda paid us 15% of that, this summer that may not be the case if that ends up being part of a deal for haaland.
85M from who? There are maybe 3 clubs who could possibly raise that cash, one of them us, and I don't think any of those clubs would pay 85m for Sancho in these times.

85M from who? There are maybe 3 clubs who could possibly raise that cash, one of them us, and I don't think any of those clubs would pay 85m for Sancho in these times.

The naivity of constantly repeating that no club can afford anything. They have always been in debt, there have always been losses. They have always found big money to spend, they always will. That is why they are the big clubs.

The naivity of constantly repeating that no club can afford anything. They have always been in debt, there have always been losses. They have always found big money to spend, they always will. That is why they are the big clubs.
Not for Jadon Sancho, Dortmund have missed the chance to get silly money for him.

Football is skint, repeat skint..... only the like of Haaland and Mbappe will go for silly money and even those two's values will be more realistic than a non covid time.

Not for Jadon Sancho, Dortmund have missed the chance to get silly money for him.

Football is skint, repeat skint..... only the like of Haaland and Mbappe will go for silly money and even those two's values will be more realistic than a non covid time.

People said that last year. And clubs still spent big, asked big and got big money. Apart from Dortmund and Napoli obviously, who overplayed it. Napoli have no value now to back their gamble with, Dortmund still have plenty. They will sell sancho, this summer, next summer, whenever. And it will be for silly money. And they will make a huge profit. Till then, or till they sell for pennies, it just can't be argued that they lost money by not selling him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.