FA Cup SF Draw | Chelsea | Sat 17 Apr 5:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this now on Saturday ... could our game be pushed back to Sunday?

Ours is due to be LIVE on BBC, and I'm sure they'd be covering this now.

Currently BBC programming showing Final Score at 4:20pm and our game MOTD Live at 5:10pm on next Saturday but no way they'd be showing those two now. Unless they'd moves us to BBC2 or another channel or something but I highly doubt they'd want a Wembley semi-final going on at the same time.

The funeral won't be that long, if it's starting at 3pm it should be over way before kick off, but I'd say its a fair bet our game will be pushed back to make way for full coverage. probably to a night kick off as isn't the other semi final played on the Sunday? And Wembleys pitch can barely host one game a day nevermind two, plus there's all the covid procedures to adhere to.

With this now on Saturday ... could our game be pushed back to Sunday?

Ours is due to be LIVE on BBC, and I'm sure they'd be covering this now.

Currently BBC programming showing Final Score at 4:20pm and our game MOTD Live at 5:10pm on next Saturday but no way they'd be showing those two now. Unless they'd moves us to BBC2 or another channel or something but I highly doubt they'd want a Wembley semi-final going on at the same time.

We’ll probably end up on BBC3 ...

The funeral won't be that long, if it's starting at 3pm it should be over way before kick off, but I'd say its a fair bet our game will be pushed back to make way for full coverage. probably to a night kick off as isn't the other semi final played on the Sunday? And Wembleys pitch can barely host one game a day nevermind two, plus there's all the covid procedures to adhere to.

The BBC will milk that funeral for as long as they possibly can if yesterday’s coverage is anything to go by.

Rangers v Celtic one of six Scottish Cup fourth round ties in doubt after Prince Philip funeral date set

Six fixtures in the Scottish Cup fourth round – including Celtic's meeting with rivals Rangers at Ibrox – are in doubt after it was confirmed Prince Philip’s funeral will be held on the same day, the Scottish FA have announced.

By Craig Fowler
Saturday, 10th April 2021, 5:55 pm

The Duke of Edinburgh passed away “peacefully” on Friday morning at the age of 99. He was surrounded by his family at Windsor Castle, Buckingham Palace confirmed.

All sporting contests went ahead this weekend, though every match in Scottish football observed a minute’s silence.

With the funeral of the Queen’s husband now confirmed for Saturday, April 17, Scottish football’s governing body are in discussions to see whether all games will need to be postponed on a day of national mourning.

An SFA statement read: “In light of confirmation that the funeral of HRH Prince Philip will take place next Saturday at 3pm, we have entered dialogue with the relevant stakeholders with regard to Scottish Cup Fourth Round fixtures scheduled on that day.

“We will update participating clubs, supporters and partners in due course.”

Included in the other matches that could find themselves postponed for a later date are Hibs’ trip to Stranraer early on Saturday afternoon for a fixture that was due to be broadcast live by BBC Scotland.

I think they will move this to the Sunday.

I think so too, with the other semi final on Sunday at Wembley as well and that one has some test event for some people being allowed/invited in ... they’d probably move ours to a different venue ... Villa Park? Another Premier League ground where there’s no game that day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.