Champions League Semi-Final Draw | Paris Saint-Germain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Di Maria, Icardi, Verratti?
Average. Wouldn't get into our first eleven.

City are streets ahead of PSG in terms of squad depth and overall talent. PSG have flattered to deceive for years.

If (heaven forbid) Dortmund get past us, Haaland, Knauff, Reus and Sancho will tear their defence to bits, just like Bayern did last night. As I say, Lewandowski would have destroyed them had he played in either leg.

Whether it's City or Dortmund going through tonight, there's a free pass through to the final. PSG are crap. A four-man team (Navas, Marquinos, Neymar, Mbappe) with a defence that would fall apart under real pressure. Bayern let them off the hook last night. Lewandowski would have had a field day if he'd been available.
If I can re-phrase that
Instead of : -
Lewandowski would have had a field day if he'd been available
Lets say
A team with a top quality centre forward would have had a field day if he'd been available

Good job we have urm..?? available ??

Average. Wouldn't get into our first eleven.

City are streets ahead of PSG in terms of squad depth and overall talent. PSG have flattered to deceive for years.

If (heaven forbid) Dortmund get past us, Haaland, Knauff, Reus and Sancho will tear their defence to bits, just like Bayern did last night. As I say, Lewandowski would have destroyed them had he played in either leg.
Agreed, you take either mbappe or neymar out of their team for two legs against Bayern and we’d have seen a different outcome

If I can re-phrase that
Instead of : -
Lewandowski would have had a field day if he'd been available
Lets say
A team with a top quality centre forward would have had a field day if he'd been available

Good job we have urm..?? available ??

City have scored over 100 goals this season without an 'in-form' or 'top quality' centre forward. We haven't needed one - That's why we're top of the PL, and still on for the quadruple.

I have absolutely no doubts about the ability of our forwards to tear defences apart and score goals. Pep knows they can and (unlike previous years) will pick the right team to go out and win the match.

Semi-final line-up

Paris vs Manchester City
Real Madrid vs Chelsea

The calendar for the semi-finals will be communicated on 15 April.

We'll know tomorrow which leg we're playing Tuesday and which one on Wednesday. Looking at our schedule it'd have to be Wednesday first (as Sunday we have the Carabao Cup Final) ... but hey it's not fixed and till it is, it's 50/50 chance ... let's see what UEFA does, and if they put us on Tue, would Carabao Cup move to Saturday - or we'll be told to play two of the biggest games of our season within 48 hours of each other.

Edit: Just checked, PSG are on Saturday before so in any case they'd have an extra day over us even if it is Wed after our Sunday final. We're away first btw.

Semi-final line-up

Paris vs Manchester City
Real Madrid vs Chelsea

The calendar for the semi-finals will be communicated on 15 April.

We'll know tomorrow which leg we're playing Tuesday and which one on Wednesday. Looking at our schedule it'd have to be Wednesday first (as Sunday we have the Carabao Cup Final) ... but hey it's not fixed and till it is, it's 50/50 chance ... let's see what UEFA does, and if they put us on Tue, would Carabao Cup move to Saturday - or we'll be told to play two of the biggest games of our season within 48 hours of each other.
Absolutely crucial decision imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.