Chelsea - FA Cup SF | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really hard to choose this line up with the games coming up and agree playing last night obviously.

Steffan

Cancelo
Dias
Laporte
Zinchenko

Fernandinho
Bernardo
De Bruyne

Sterling
Foden
Jesus

I'll be more inclined to think he won't chop and change as much now with all that is at stake maybe 2-3 changes a game.

This might just be the toughest game of our season so far. In general, they don’t really concede goals under Tuchel. There is of course that freak game when they had an early red card, but ignoring that, they are probably more solid than us at this current moment. They have actually kept a clean sheet in 14 of their last 18 games. Also, we are going to rotate, whether you like it or not. Such a tough game coming up. They have an extra day of rest and have had no travel at all. I’m predicting 0-0 and pens. Let’s hope Steffen is good at saving them. He surely can’t be worse than Ederson’s penalty record!

Last edited:
Really hard to choose this line up with the games coming up and agree playing last night obviously.

Steffan

Cancelo
Dias
Laporte
Zinchenko

Fernandinho
Bernardo
De Bruyne

Sterling
Foden
Jesus

I'll be more inclined to think he won't chop and change as much now with all that is at stake maybe 2-3 changes a game.
I agree. Laporte, Cancelo, Sterling and Jesus coming in to rest others when needed. Fern for Rodri when there’s just 2 days between games.

How crazy do our fixtures look now?! Be good if we can avoid hysterics when the team gets announced the next few weeks because we absolutely have to rotate. I wish pep would start utilising subs. I get that he doesn't want to destabilise a team when things are going as planned but I don't think rotation is going to be enough to prevent injuries or performance dips. To prevent a Leeds, one of gundogan or kdb has to start at a minimum in every game.

Chelsea semi;
Steffan

Cancelo
Diaz
Laporte
Mendy

Fernandinho
Gundogan
Kdb

Sterling
Torres
Jesus

Villa league;
Ederson

Walker
Stones
Ake
Zinchenko

Rodri
Bernardo
Gundogan

Foden
Mahrez
Jesus

Spurs final;
Steffan

Cancelo
Stones
Diaz
Zinchenko

Fernandinho
Kdb
Bernardo

Sterling
Torres
Foden

PSG first leg
Ederson

Walker
Dias
Laporte
Zinchenko

Rodri
Gundogan
Kdb

Foden
Jesus
Mahrez

This might just be the toughest game of our season so far. In general, they don’t really concede goals under Tuchel. There is of course that freak game when they had an early red card, but ignoring that, they are probably more solid than us at this current moment. They have actually kept a clean sheet in 14 of their last 18 games. Such a tough game coming up. They have an extra day of rest and have had no travel at all. I’m predicting 0-0 and pens. Let’s hope Steffen is good at saving them. He surely can’t be worse than Ederson’s penalty record!
Have a feeling Rudiger will drop one almighty clanger.

A lot of shouts for Steffan to play.

Why would we not play our outstanding No 1 goalkeeper at the business end of the season?

There are trophies to be won, this isn’t SoccerAid.

I take it you weren't paying attention the last decade or so. The only time we dropped the cup keeper for the final (Wigan) we lost.

The umpteen other times we repaid faith in the cup keeper (willy, bravo) they've won us games with crucial saves from open play and in penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.