Chelsea - FA Cup SF | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ederson actually replaced Muric for the League cup final win against Chelsea

Muric wasn't our second choice keeper. He was a kid who came back because Bravo got a terrible injury, and whose career has since then been an unmitigated disaster. Starting him vs Chelsea would've been asking for trouble.

Steffen has done nothing to suggest he's not perfectly capable of playing this game, and in the delirium of last night's win it's forgivable that everyone seems to have forgotten that Ederson is extremely fortunate not to have cost us the tie.

I imagine we'll see some rotation, but we'll still play a strong team.

Ederson
Cancelo
Dias
Laporte
Zinchenko
Rodri
KDB
Gundogan
Foden (or Mahrez)
Jesus
Sterling

Then we'll see players like Mendy, Fernandinho, Ake, Torres etc against Villa.

Chelsea hitting form at the right time of the season. It wouldn't surprise me if they managed to win a cup double this year.

Muric wasn't our second choice keeper. He was a kid who came back because Bravo got a terrible injury, and whose career has since then been an unmitigated disaster. Starting him vs Chelsea would've been asking for trouble.

Steffen has done nothing to suggest he's not perfectly capable of playing this game, and in the delirium of last night's win it's forgivable that everyone seems to have forgotten that Ederson is extremely fortunate not to have cost us the tie.
I hope Steffen plays and also hope he remembers the back pass rule ! Edit, sorry I hadn't read the post above...

I wouldn't be surprised if we went with a back 3 to match Chelsea.
Steffan
Laporte Dias Stones
Mendy KDB Fern Gundo Cancelo
Raz, Jesus

This is going to be difficult...............

--------------------------------------Edi-----------------------------------

-----------Kylinho--------Johninho------Ruby-------Canc-------------

-----------------------------------Ferna-----------------------------------

-------------Bernardo------------Phil--------------------Kev-------------

--------------------------Gabby-------------Raz-------------------------

This is where Pep will hopefully make the most of being able to use 5 substitutes (6 if it goes to extra time)

Game could easily be won or lost from the bench....and our bench will for sure be very strong, as it is every single game, whether we are heavily rotating or not!

Come on City!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.