Chelsea - FA Cup SF | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the league too

No we have lot of leeway in the league ... lose to villa, lose to palace and we still are in front in the league and in control ... what part of that people don't understand?

Lose to Chelsea or PSG and that Quad becomes a Treble or Double and lose to Spurs and that's that ... just the league would be the only one left in the end ... which pretty much is in the bag anyway ... except for a few on here who just can't stop shitting their pants for no reason (in my very humble opinion) ... same ultra pessimistic views and comments like oh league, but my league, but that's all I care for and I don't care for cups or CL ... going on and on in every single thread, same crying over Leeds loss and worried for the league because of that one game and because Pep changed too many ... c'mon - grow a pair!

Fine you care for the league ... I do too ... but look at the big picture ... and get excited about the possibility of something that's never been done before ... yes everything, the Quad ... we did the domestic treble already ... we can do one better this time ... dream man DREAM!

Have a look at these next six fixtures in 18 days ... and anyone who doesn’t think the lowest priority are the Villa and Palace games need to give their head a wobble.

Think Pep will make more changes than people fancy. Not because he underestimates Chelsea or the competition, but because the game with Dortmund was physically quite taxing (113 km distance covered), and most players won't be fresh enough just 68 hours later having travelled back to Manchester and then to London.

Pep is likely to make 6 changes: SteffEn, Laporte, Cancelo, Dinho, Sterling and Jesus will probably start. He can make also 5 subs. So, he will start with, say, Dinho, Gundy and Bernie in midfield, and will sub in Kevin and Phil for Gundy and Bernie after 60 minutes plus Torres for Mahrez, or vice versa. Plus 2 other subs, e.g. Rodri and Walker.

Last edited:
We seem to have this weird discussion about back-up keepers every season.

If we have agreed with him in advance that he plays all ties in the domestic cups, then of course we stick to that. And I'd be absolutely stunned if we haven't agreed that with him, because that's the only way you're going to get a decent number 2.

The decision will have been made at the beginning of the season and that's that. Any manager/D of F who went against his original word is a moron, and neither Pep nor Txiki are.

Do we play Steffan or Ederson in this competition, I can't remember. I feel like its Eddy
I can't see why Eddy needs to rotate he does fuck all

I can't see how we can afford to not rotate after that energy sapping performance !
Remember what Gundo said. ”We are professional footballers” and “What else are we going to do ?”

The squad will be ready to go again. I think we have to start with our strongest possible eleven and use the 5 substitutes as required as the inevitable tiredness kicks in.

It's not really for Ederson though, it keeps the morale of the backup keeper high, which is important for a happy squad and important if Ederson ever gets injured.
I think Steffan deserves to start in the cups, He has been excellent when ever called upon.
If he starts on Saturday which is highly likely then I'm happy.
As you said if anything ever happens Eddie then we have a keeper who gets game time.

It's not really for Ederson though, it keeps the morale of the backup keeper high, which is important for a happy squad and important if Ederson ever gets injured.

Yeah I'd rather improve the chances of us getting through to an FA Cup final, rather than trying to keep the morale of the backup keeper high thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.