The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
This was all planned. The real plan will soon be known. The Guardian has a nice piece wondering out aloud how much of this was posturing to test the waters prior to the real motive being revealed.

I wonder if we left for more than just the PR/Fans. I wonder if in the ESL conversations it was clear that we were going to be treated like 2nd class citizens by the Glaziers, FSG, Perez, Barca, etc. (Maybe Chelsea were also destined to be 2nd class). Maybe we felt then that this was actually worse long term then the promises seemed before pen was put to paper. Just a thought.
Feels to me like United, Liverpool and Arsenal tried to blindside us by giving us a short ultimatum - join up now or miss out forever. In a panic, we agreed but soon realised our mistake and then sensed the opportunity to bring it all down after seeing the outrage to the plans. Just my take anyway.

Well done to all the City fans who pressured the club in person or through correspondence and to the OSC, 1894 and all the other supporters groups who applied pressure so well.

It shouldn’t be forgotten what the club did over the past two days, and as well as an apology and some accountability from those responsible for this shameful episode, there needs to be more pressure applied so that this can never be attempted again - proper fan representation on boards seems essential now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.