How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately the 'any means' are not completely in our control. All we can do is try and beat Palace. After that, it is down to Liverpool. And however much I may not generally want them to win, it would be glorious for United to lose the title thanks to their 'Greatest Rivals (TM)'.
manchester uniteds greatest rival is Manchester city .

liverpool might be their big rival outside the manchester area... dublin,bristol,maidnehead...... but not where i grew up. The liverpool v man u game was never metioned when i was growing up in the 70s and 80s

Must admit I thought that initially, but it's actually the best time it could be as the second leg is on Tuesday the following week.
I was happy with the timing.. Granted its not ideal but to put into perspective psg have an extra day before first leg then we both play sat but they kick off at 4pm by which time our players will be recovering.

manchester uniteds greatest rival is Manchester city .

liverpool might be their big rival outside the manchester area... dublin,bristol,maidnehead...... but not where i grew up. The liverpool v man u game was never metioned when i was growing up in the 70s and 80s
So true. The Liverpool rivalry was started by Ferguson and really developed in the 90s. At my Manchester school in the 60s and 70s it was all about City and United. In fact both clubs had a mutual hatred of Liverpool (and to a lesser extent Everton) because of their thuggish following. City and United fans joined together to fight the scousers on a number of occasions, notably the all Merseyside FA Cup Semi at Maine Road.
The Liverpool v United thing is no doubt a big deal in other parts of the world. I think many United fans cling onto it nowadays to deflect from the fact their club has been humiliated by City in the last decade.

Oh for gods sake, every day someone posts this without thinking it through.

Its a free hit now that game, put the youth team in it. The only things that matter now are two games with PSG, then they can concentrate on knocking off six points. We need this semi final sorting, then win the league and if we are fortunate play in a champs league final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.