Sergio Aguero leaves City after 10 years

The only reason I can think of us letting him go is we are going big on a new younger striker and need his wages off the books.

This for me is why we’ve come to a decision to let him go. I do believe Sergio can still score goals in this league, but when he’s demanding 200k p/w while we search for an expensive new striker, something has got to give. You can’t have Sergio sitting on the bench for most games on 200k p/w.

The only reason I can think of us letting him go is we are going big on a new younger striker and need his wages off the books.
This for me is why we’ve come to a decision to let him go. I do believe Sergio can still score goals in this league, but when he’s demanding 200k p/w while we search for an expensive new striker, something has got to give. You can’t have Sergio sitting on the bench for most games on 200k p/w.

It saddens me to read this.

Give him a year contract, like Ferna. Class is permanent. Kun might have 30 or so games in him for us...zero transfer fee. Sit him down and do it. Any player who can play like that today, not just his goal...see the havoc fro the 2nd goal...is worth a year deal. Plain as day.
If by giving Aguero an extra year, we lose out on the opportunity to sign Haarland, would you still feel the same?

If by giving Aguero an extra year, we lose out on the opportunity to sign Haarland, would you still feel the same?

You obviously don't have a clue about how finances in football work. Aguero's wages would have absolutely no bearing on any potential signing.

Part of Uniteds troubles stem from clinging on to players too long (giggs, scholes etc...)
It’s good management to move legends on even though it’s a tough decision.
This has to be wages related to make room for Haaland or similar to comply with the rules set by the yank owned clubs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.