Paris Saint-Germain (H) - CL SF | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am feeling very nervous despite holding the advantage and knowing that we are a fantastic team. The problem is, they are too. It's the old City in me. I've decided to register and post for mutual support, so you had better be nice. We should have enough to win this game, it will make my day at work tomorrow all the more tolerable.

I think Pep will start both Zin at left back and Dinho in midfield tonight, with Rodders on the bench to come on later - PSG targeted Rodders early last week as he can take a little while to get the pace of the game when pressed, I don’t think Pep will want to take that risk tonight and after seeing the early sub for Dinho on Sat then I reckon that’s his thinking.
I'm pretty certain that's going to happen. The pressure they did put us under mainly stemmed from Rodri overplaying, I'd say through nerves. I think he's concoluded he wants Fernandinho in there leading the way, breaking things up and keeping us composed and agressive.

Anyone else supposed to be working and wondering how the hell you're going to pass the next 8 hours? Can't concentrate on work at all and starring at bluemoon all day will drive me insane.

It's not easier if you're retired, believe me. You don't even have to make a show of anything. Who are you going to make a show for?
That said, I'm very calm. As I've said in earlier posts, this is icing on the cake. It really is. For me, anyway. The cake is the league. And leaving the rags in our slipstream while we're about it.

PSG's biggest problem is they don't run a lot over 90 minutes. They have exceptional forwards, but since they can't press sufficiently long, they are bound to concede chances.

We don't have stars like Neymar and Mbappe, but our team can out run their team over 90 or 120 minutes, and that's likely to be decisive, unless we are wasteful with our chances. Also we have more quality on the bench, which can be important in the last 20 minutes or in extra time. Shame that Raz is off form, he could thrive in the free spaces PSG are bound to leave when trying to score.

Was just thinking to myself how a nice start and two quick goals would chill me out tonight but it won’t. They’d need 3 obviously then to win on the night and then I realised that would still put them through. I don’t think I’ll be relaxing until we’re 3 goals ahead on the night and even then I’ll still be nervous.

If we can recreate the 2nd half performance from last week we will go through

True, but we have to recreate it from the whistle. That's the point. I've got a lousy memory of the Monaco game, return leg, where we'd thrown away all the good work of the first leg within thirty minutes.
We have to be on it, from the off.

I'm pretty certain that's going to happen. The pressure they did put us under mainly stemmed from Rodri overplaying, I'd say through nerves. I think he's concoluded he wants Fernandinho in there leading the way, breaking things up and keeping us composed and agressive.

I'm pretty certain Rodri will start the game. Pep rates him highly. He has started every big PL/CL game this season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.