#6 | Nathan Aké - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put it on the "who can improve is thread" but I wonder if he will get some gametime at DM

Played there before and apprantly was discussed when he joined

He has the intelligence, physical and technical skills to be a fantastic DM (imo)....at least good enough to be rotating with Rodri

Put it on the "who can improve is thread" but I wonder if he will get some gametime at DM

Played there before and apprantly was discussed when he joined

He has the intelligence, physical and technical skills to be a fantastic DM (imo)....at least good enough to be rotating with Rodri

I suggested this earlier in the season and was shouted down because his passing wasn't good enough apparently

Don't think there is any truth to the rumours. Like most football transfer rumours, it's likely just a case of some journalist writing something that makes sense on a base level and hoping they get lucky. After all, we've not signed Isco yet have we?

Aké wouldn't be here if one season of limited game time was enough to send him packing. He knew he would be third choice at best. If he was behind Garcia I'd totally understand him wanting to leave but he's not.
Aké apparently needed convincing to sign for City by Pep.

So I think he expected much bigger role

100% and you didn't even mention possible suspensions. Hopefully with some opportunities for 1 or 2 youngsters who train with the seniors to get some game time where Pep considers appropriate.
Especially if we win the champions league the amount of games to play next year will be crazy.

Its just 3 extra games. Super Cup in August and CWC in December.

Bin the League Cup off to compensate.
Yeah but that's too much and even Pep said many times there were too many games. We were extra-lucky this season with the injuries, it won't last forvever.

He's gotten many minutes at Bournemouth, if I were him, I wouldn't leave this challenge so quickly.

Only really young players need to start getting regular minutes, he's at an age where it's not super important.

Yes, 4th choice CB and 3rd choice LB right now, but fight, improve, show your worth.

There are still plenty of minutes to be had, especially in a Guardiola team who rotates all the time.

That plus the obvious chance of winning silverware regularly, and good wages, I don't see him leaving.

I suggested this earlier in the season and was shouted down because his passing wasn't good enough apparently
I admit thats was my first thought when i read the DM post, not that its not good enough, just that i dont know if he has that range as i've not seen it from him yet.

but he was never going to be more than 3rd choice at best. Madness to spend £40m on 3rd or 4th choice.

Its just poor usage of money. Sign cheap back up in the 10-20m mark, not every player has to cost 40-60m. City need to wise up at times.
I do get what you're saying but who would have thought Dias would settle so quickly to become the best centre back in the league within weeks, and John would become the player we all hoped he would this year. Ake had proven PL experience and at Bournemouth rarely missed games. Given our record with buying centre backs it was good insurance and if Dias had needed time to settle I guess the club thought Ake would play more. In some ways it shows how good we've been that he hasn't. No doubt in my mind if he'd have been here last season he would have played as a first choice.

I believe he's good enough and it will be interesting to see what happens next year - Laporte may want more playing time and feel the need to move, we may get an injury. When you consider 20m wouldn't have got you JF Evans and the prices quoted for Konde etc were closer to 50m+ perhaps Ake will in time prove to be worth the money. He needs to stay fit, calm down a bit and play with more freedom as he seems to be a little nervous at times especially with his passing out - I've seen him play fantastic balls out for Holland and maybe he feels more under pressure to not make mistakes here. Our goals against record apart from Leicester at home is astonishing so we must be doing something right defensively, his time may still come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.