Why does no one claim to care about Manchester City?

Envy or jealousy is what it is, our owners are the best in the world, and other fans can’t hack it, it’s one of the seven sins, and it’s been in the human psyche for thousands of years.

A City supporter who has gone through many years of being mocked for preferring City to support despite our failures on and off the field is battle hardened to withstand a lack of respect when we achieve.

Get used to it. Supporting City is character building.

Absolutely !

Around 30 years ago the company I worked for had a "do". I can't recall what it was for but all employees, 150+ were there. Halfway through the MD's speech he called me out with 8 or 9 others and we had to join him on stage. I had no clue what was going on and didn't twig the connection between us. He was a rag and we were blues. Some blues walked off stage as he started taking the piss. I've always been defiant so stood there proudly and took it while everybody laughed.

I'd love to see him now.

It's quite simple:

United and Liverpool fans support their club for sucess - when they are successful, everyone knows how great they are for picking a club that was already successful.

If anything other than success happens they go in a huff and claim they don't care - until the next time they can rub your nose in it.

I remember when I was about 12 a girl called Joanne (same age) dumped me after we went to the pictures to see Flight of the Navigator- I told everyone I didn't care, but really I was at home lying in a dark room listening to every break up song that ever existed!!!!

Obvs I didn't care, hence why 33 years later I still remember it :D

I love the "their victories mean nothing" line.

I had a Liverpool 'fan' say they that to me once.

I replied with, well it mean's something to me and that's all that counts.

He came back with the usual nonsense about buying success, oil, Arabs, human rights etc. I said it appears our victories clearly mean something to him, otherwise why bring it up, then I walked off laughing.

Absolutely !

Around 30 years ago the company I worked for had a "do". I can't recall what it was for but all employees, 150+ were there. Halfway through the MD's speech he called me out with 8 or 9 others and we had to join him on stage. I had no clue what was going on and didn't twig the connection between us. He was a rag and we were blues. Some blues walked off stage as he started taking the piss. I've always been defiant so stood there proudly and took it while everybody laughed.

I'd love to see him now.
What a ****!! Sounds like a typical rag

The ones that don’t care..

“You’ve spent a fortune”
So have you
“But at least it’s our own money”
So is ours, we’re self sufficient.
“Only cos you cheated ffp”
Cas says otherwise
“Oil money”

I started off engaging with these idiots, then I got bored.
Now I just find it hilarious how much it upsets them.
But they don’t care.

They care. They fucking care A LOT.

No matter what they say or how they spin it, they fucking care and it will utterly boil their piss if we bring ol' Big Ears home on May 29.

Count on it. And enjoy...:)

TBH I think most fans have moved on from hating petro-dollar City. Only the coach wreckers, the rags, and to an extent Arsenal fans, still hate petro-dollar city.

Out of the coach wreckers and the rags, I'd say the coach wreckers now hate City the most. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.