Long weekend in Istanbul at end of May - Turkey on Govt Red List

Well,its 3645 nautical miles from London to the Bosphorus..with a good tail wind 15 days..any shipmates ???
You could save 1000 miles by going via the Rhine, Danube and the canals that link them. Might take more than a couple of weeks though. More like 3 months.

I agree with you about the difficulty in shifting 4000 tickets. There'll obviously be plenty of initial interest / demand, but I suspect that the vast majority of fans will have second (and then third and fourth) thoughts when they discover the actual cost and likely consequences of attending.
It is costly.
Booked a flight via Gotogate which includes an insurance in the event I cancel - I'll get 90% of the flight cost and taxes back in the form of a voucher. Direct from Manchester £381 flying Friday returning Sunday.
There are plenty of hotels still available - booked mine for £160 for the 2 nights. So £540 then the cost of the ticket and food/beer
I have 19k points and am on the CL scheme, so am reasonably comfortable I'll get a ticket. I'm assuming the UK government won't be awkward and demand the club organise everyone's transport!!!
I'm retired, so the quarantine situation isn't an issue.
(I know I'm a really lucky bloke - hope to see some familiar faces over there)

Flights from London to Istanbul return are about £450 but fly into SAW (1 stop), about 40 miles from City centre is around £200 return

It is costly.
Booked a flight via Gotogate which includes an insurance in the event I cancel - I'll get 90% of the flight cost and taxes back in the form of a voucher. Direct from Manchester £381 flying Friday returning Sunday.
There are plenty of hotels still available - booked mine for £160 for the 2 nights. So £540 then the cost of the ticket and food/beer
I have 19k points and am on the CL scheme, so am reasonably comfortable I'll get a ticket. I'm assuming the UK government won't be awkward and demand the club organise everyone's transport!!!
I'm retired, so the quarantine situation isn't an issue.
(I know I'm a really lucky bloke - hope to see some familiar faces over there)
good luck getting anything out of go to gate.
they are appalling.
hopefully the flight will be ok and no worries

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.