Last edited:
My preference for the first test if everyone isn’t injured by then is

Furlong Cowan Dickie Jones
Itoje Wyn Jones
Curry Faletau Watson

Davies Biggar

Williams Farrell Henshaw Watson

Hogg
In fairness, that's not a bad side at all.
I'd probably play Tipuric instead of Watson in the back row but i wouldn't argue with much else.
We're really weak in the centres and at scrum half though.
As usual, injuries will play a huge part as the tour goes on.

In fairness, that's not a bad side at all.
I'd probably play Tipuric instead of Watson in the back row but i wouldn't argue with much else.
We're really weak in the centres and at scrum half though.
As usual, injuries will play a huge part as the tour goes on.
My thinking with Watson is he’s just come off the best 6 nations of his career and he’s very powerful. The centres worry me more than the scrum half, I think Gats put all his eggs in one basket hoping North would be fit. There’s no real strike runner in the centres, I feel South Africa will eat us up in that area. This might sound daft but I would’ve been tempted to persuade one of the top rugby league players to come and play in the centres.

AWJ looks to have a badly injured arm within 10 minutes vs Japan. From the way it's being held, could well be a break.
Horrible for him.

Edit: Lions suggesting a shoulder injury. In which case, it might that his shoulder came out and went back in. Not sure why they're saying that as he was definitely testing his hand to begin with.

Last edited:
Was good to see Edinburgh busy yesterday but a bit concerned at the lack of distancing etc
Usual hypocrisy re Farqhuar going to the rugger and football fans

My thinking with Watson is he’s just come off the best 6 nations of his career and he’s very powerful. The centres worry me more than the scrum half, I think Gats put all his eggs in one basket hoping North would be fit. There’s no real strike runner in the centres, I feel South Africa will eat us up in that area. This might sound daft but I would’ve been tempted to persuade one of the top rugby league players to come and play in the centres.
England did it with Burgess in the world cup a few years back and we all know how that worked out :-) They tried it will Fazz snr but didn't know where to play him. If Foxy and the lad at Sale were fit I don't think we have a problem.
Jones picking up the injury yesterday was a bastard.

England did it with Burgess in the world cup a few years back and we all know how that worked out :-) They tried it will Fazz snr but didn't know where to play him. If Foxy and the lad at Sale were fit I don't think we have a problem.
Jones picking up the injury yesterday was a bastard.
Thought Harris was very good at 13 yesterday and his defensive work is brilliant. Farrell struggled at 12, not really sure what he brings apart from his goal kicking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.