#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Single-handedly? Jesus did as much as Sterling. Our goal was thanks to Jesus run and great assist. If Aguero would've scored that, the merit would still be for Jesus. Jesus also caused the first penalty.

The problem here is that Sterling's defensors are just as delusional as his haters.

If you want we can go play by play, and I counted at least 2 counterattacks that he ruined due to his bad passing, and 3 runs where he goes straight to the defender and loses the ball, and 2 times where if he had good control he would have a 1-on-1 against Mendy.

Other than his goal and 1 great pass, could you tell me what else did he do?
Jesus' run and great assist? You mean when their defender fucked up massively, injuring himself in the process? And he didn't get an assist, because Aguero fucked up his first touch. We still scored though. BECAUSE OF STERLING.

He was our only attacking threat in the second half.

He should have been awarded a penalty to win the game.

I'm not the delusional one here.

Good instincts for the goal, couple of good runs second half, a few of them without ever seeing the ball come to him but that aside, his overall game was shit again. I don't think I've ever seen somebody labelled as world class have such a poor first touch and technique, almost every first touch is off, every simple pass is way off, constantly runs into players because he doesn't seem to be able to dribble or run without knocking the ball well out of his feet first. So much breaks down because of him.

If he starts scoring the crazy numbers he did 18 months ago again then we can all go back to ignoring his very obvious flaws because his contribution outweighs them but Pep seems to be developing a more technical game and he stands out like a sore thumb

It shouldn’t have needed to be a penalty: his first touch was so shit he had to chase after the ball and Zouma ran into his legs, had his first touch been sound he could have got the shot off.
Spot on

He shouldnt even have allowed that situation develop,unfortunately his first touch is so bad that it does.
Great to see him get on the scoresheet though,hoefully it will boost his confidence.
As for the rest of his game,better than we have seen in recent games but still not influential enough,and a very annoying aspect of his game is that he will always choose to look for the foul instead of winning the 50/50.

When we put out a weakened team Sterling should be a player who shines and inspires,especially when wearing the armband,but unfortunately it doesn't happen.He runs around a lot but their just seems to be a lack of substance/hollowness to his performances.

6/10 today.

Your missing the point mate.

I don't care what his wages are.

Your comments go from should be world class but offers nothing is the problem, because you switch from extremes when that is clearly not the case.

He offered alot. He was only forward offering the most, we had nothing in that game without him.

Don't care about your expectations, it's a team game, and I will compare him to the rest. And in this game, he was the only outlet offering anything.

Foden is ahead of him, yes, but he is ahead of others and was a strong point in this game.
You are judging him against has-beens and those that never was. I am not interested how he stacks up against the likes of Torres, who has achieved nothing in the game, it’s like comparing Messi against Nolito. In that frontline, Sterling should be head and shoulders above them and he is nothing of the sort. He should be showing enough to say to Pep that he should be in the main team instead of Foden or Mahrez. Not “oh look at me being a little bit better than Torres”.

If you are happy to accept that level of performance then you crack on. You might be unhappy that I won’t accept it but clearly neither will Pep, which is why Sterling has gone from golden boy to reserve.

Single-handedly? Jesus did as much as Sterling. Our goal was thanks to Jesus run and great assist. If Aguero would've scored that, the merit would still be for Jesus. Jesus also caused the first penalty.

The problem here is that Sterling's defensors are just as delusional as his haters.

If you want we can go play by play, and I counted at least 2 counterattacks that he ruined due to his bad passing, and 3 runs where he goes straight to the defender and loses the ball, and 2 times where if he had good control he would have a 1-on-1 against Mendy.

Other than his goal and 1 great pass, could you tell me what else did he do?

Won the game winning penalty?

Jesus' run and great assist? You mean when their defender fucked up massively, injuring himself in the process? And he didn't get an assist, because Aguero fucked up his first touch. We still scored though. BECAUSE OF STERLING.

He was our only attacking threat in the second half.

He should have been awarded a penalty to win the game.

I'm not the delusional one here.
Yes, and BECAUSE JESUS' RUN, Sterling was able to score a goal. Aguero fucked up, but that goal is 20% Dias, 60% Jesus and 30% Sterling(with -10% for Aguero horrible control).

If he was our only attacking threat in the second half, could you please tell me the great plays he did? I agree with you that he was the most ACTIVE player, but all his decisions were the wrong ones(again in the second half). Some of them were due to his bad controls, hs bad dribbling or passing, but he didn't produce any danger. I wouldn't call that a threat.

Both Sterling and Jesus are getting a lot of shit due to Aguero's miss and Taylor's mistake. Aguero scores, and it's a completely different game with Jesus the hero. Taylor gives the pen, Gundo scores, and Sterling's a hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.